Thread: Cincinnati Reds @ New York Mets - 6/20

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Trachsel leaves with the lead of 4-1.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Valentin hits it deep to Beltran. Kearns scores, 1st and 3rd with 1 out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Aurilia in to pinch-hit and he hits into a DP. Great.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The bullpen (Weathers) comes in and with no outs yet, we're down another two. I think I am about done with this thread, this bullpen is just killing me.

We need to make some tough decisions in the near future, key members of the bullpen need to be removed. Weathers isn't to the point of getting DFA'd yet, but Mercker and Yan both need to go in the very near future. Otherwise we're going to keep having games like tonight, simply unacceptable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Agreed.

And now one of the best NL relievers and about our only good one gives up a triple to Beltran... oh he's trying to stretch it and he's gunned out. Awesome.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I spoke too early with the awesome comment, Nady blasts his second homer of the night. 9-2 Mets.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's final, Reds lose 9-2.

Reds 2 8 0
    Mets 9 11 0

The bullpen continues to blowup and the offense is absent yet again.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Aurilia in to pinch-hit and he hits into a DP. Great.
    Please tell me Aurilia didn't PH vs. a RHP? I hope it was a LHP, because his .550 OPS or whatever it is now vs. RHP is simply terrible.

He needs to stay on the bench. I prefer Hatteberg over him right now for sure.

Freel is getting on at the top of the order but most others aren't doing anything. Griffey continues to be very inconsistent.

The bullpen is beyond description at this point, so I won't even discuss their latest gems tonight.

The team needs some bullpen help in a BIG way.

BTW, it looks like Elizardo didn't have his best stuff tonight, but he at least kept it close. He looked incredible against the Brewers last time out. I think he can be a solid 4/5 pitcher in the future if nothing else and POSSIBLY as good as a No. 3.

I think I gave a fairly good scouting report on him last year when he pitched for us one of the first times against the Phillies in Philly when I was there. He has added that changeup now, which certainly helps him out a lot. He might never be spectacular consistently, but I think he can learn to keep the team in most games and have some good starts as well.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I fully agree with everything you said here CRF. His changeup is a very solid addition to his repertoire. I think Ramirez is going to be solid. But am I content with him being our 5th starter? Yes, but only if he is the best we can do for now. Right now, I consider him our number 4 though. Which is pretty well deserved considering his success so far.

We need bullpen help! I fully agree. I agree with hr21 that Mercker and Yan are not a good fit. Neither is Burns. We definitely could use some help. And where the heck is our sticks?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345