Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds acquire..Juan Castro??

There's know way in hell we will carry only 11 pitchers when Edwin E comes back, especially with Weathers, Mercker, and Hammond being 36, 37, and 40.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I just hate the sound of having both McCracken and Castro on the bench available to pinch hit.

MLB ERA
    McCracken should be gone and Castro should never hit. Narron needs to work it so that if he becomes a defensive replacement late in a game, the chances of him batting later on are nil.

Castro doesn't have great range, but he is good at making plays on balls within the range he does have. We will see some nice diving plays, he just isn't good at moving out far to get balls out of his fairly tight zone. If his role is very limited to specific situations, I won't care. I just worry Narron is going to let him PH a lot and/or start!

If I get to the game tonight and see him in the starting lineup, I am going to go off the wall.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep he better not start ever. But the scary thing is, we never know what will happen with Narron filling out the lineup.

I just wonder if something is in the works with Jason Larue.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think if it is for anyone, it would have to be him. It wouldn't harm us to trade him and if we get a good retyrn, it would benefit us. I say LaRue for a good bullpen arm would be nice.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    No worries here, I think Castro was picked up to send Olmedo down. Castro was talking about how he is a better fit for the NL, with the late inning defensive substitutions an all. Sounds to me like Krivsky already told him what his role would be, Krivsky also said that he likes the fact that Castro can play all 4 infield positions. Krivsky further mentioned that this was a move to simply solidify our defense......which currently ranks towards the bottom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12