Thread: Baseball Statistics(through Saturday's games)...

MLB ERA

Baseball Statistics(through Saturday's games)...

I found some of these pretty interesting in regards to the Reds:

(Hitting)---

*67 runs scored(28th in the majors... only ahead of the Royals and Pirates. After today, the team is tied for 29th in runs scored with the Royals.)

*135 hits(T-27th in majors with the Pirates)

* 37 doubles(T-2nd in majors... one behind the Astros for the lead)

* 17 HR(T-9th with several teams)

* 3 Stolen Bases(3rd lowest number in baseball...ahead of only the Cardinals and A's)

* 62 BB(T-8th in baseball)

* 148 strikeouts(Most in baseball by 14... ahead of the Mets)

* 120 Left On Base(Surprisngly only eight teams have left fewer)

(Pitching)---

*81 runs allowed(14th most in baseball... pretty much middle of the pack. After today, we are in the upper(better) half in regards to runs given up)

* 4.71 team ERA(19th best in baseball... about middle of the pack after today)

* 110 Stikeouts(T-15th best in baseball)

* 50 BB(T-14th best in baseball)

* 25 HR allowed(2nd most in baseball...behind only the Phillies, who have allowed 28... can anyone see what our pitching needs to do if it's going to go to another level for the rest of the year?)

* .347 OBP against(6th worst in baseball)
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hitting: I think the surprise in leaving runners on base is less of a surprise of you take another look at our hits. Almost the worst in baseball. Good to see our doubles numbers though. And that is without Casey hitting so much. Although he probably still has a few of those.

Pitching: Looks like we are near the middle of the pack in almost every category. This is all we need to win games when we are hitting. But thats our problem. The hitting. I really do not remember any of us mad at any pitcher other than Weathers and Graves. Our starters have all satisfied us nearly every start. A good pitching season so far IMO. We need to hit, hit , hit.

Thanks CRF for the stats man!

MLB ERA
    Sure, no problem.

You're right though. The fact that we haven't had many hits has made it tough to leave a lot of guys on base.

Basically we need to start hitting like we can, which for this team is going to be in the form of more HR and a few other hits thrown in there.

Hopefully that will start happening this week.

As for the pitching... I agree. We need to work on cutting the HR down a bit, but it really has been good enough to win the majority of the time.

If we can slice just a FEW HR off the total and add some HR of our own, we might start winning some games soon.

I hope we can get things going offensively.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am starting to get real excited about the thought of what this team can do if hitting. The Reds would be a team not to mess with. But we have to go back to Miley not only needing to play the hot hand (Freel over DJ, Lopez over Aurilia, and Pena over Griffey) But we also have to have Miley put the right lineup in. Casey is good and ready to stay batting third. But Randa has got to drop. So does Junior for now. I would sit Junior tomorrow night and have him in the cages getting his swing right. Then I would put Randa in the sixth spot in the order.

I know this changes a lot, but every day things change for this team.

My hopes for a lineup:
    Freel 2B
    Dunn LF
    Casey 1B
    Pena CF
    Kearns RF
    Randa 3B
    Lopez SS
    LaRue C