Thread: Game 45: Brewers @ Reds 5/22 7:10 PM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Game 45: Brewers @ Reds 5/22 7:10 PM

Pitching Matchup: Dave Bush (3-4, 4.35 ERA) vs. Bronson Arroyo (5-2, 2.40 ERA)

Lineups to come later.

I've done my part.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    Hopefully we can get Bronson his 6th victory.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Arroyo needs to bounce back with a strong start here. And let's hope we can learn to hit David "Don't Call Me Roger Clemens Unless I Am Facing The Reds" Bush (he hates the length of his nickname.)

MLB ERA
    I hate the Brewers.

AAA ERA
    Wow, me like this offense. 13-1 so far in the 7th. Branson pitching very nice, only allowing 1 run. Noteable offense: Griffey/Dunn both 3 Run Homers, Ross had 2 doubles driving in 4 runs, Kearns with a 2 run HR. I wish we could have this offense every night.

Final score 15-5 Reds.

Burns and Shack gave up four runs combined in the 8th and 9th.

MLB ERA
    MVP: Everyone in the starting lineup, really. All the starters get on-base at least twice. I suppose Arroyo gets it the most since it's tough to differentiate between the hitters.

Bum: Mike Burns AKA Chris Booker v2

MLB ERA
    MVP: Arroyo and the offense in general

Mike Burns is absolutely miserable.

From what I heard, it sounds like we had a lot of patient/lengthy AB tonight/worked the count well.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    MVP: Arroyo and the offense in general

Mike Burns is absolutely miserable.

From what I heard, it sounds like we had a lot of patient/lengthy AB tonight/worked the count well.
    No, we just hit the cover off the ball. How about you drop the patience theory. I think Sunday's game against Detroit should tell you all you need to know about why this offense struggles at times. SITUATIONAL HITTING. We are near the league lead in pitches taken and walks, you're so illogical it isn't even funny.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, and we are also near the league lead in Runs Scored.

The big reason behind that is because of those pitches taken and walks. However, we start slumping at times because we stop taking as many pitches and often don't walk much.

Situational hitting is overrated, just like RBI are in general. They are team dependent. Avoiding outs is what is important.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    I was so excited with today's performance It's about time we get back to making up numbers and St Louis loses to San Fran as well so that's another great thing for us

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Yeah, and we are also near the league lead in Runs Scored.

The big reason behind that is because of those pitches taken and walks. However, we start slumping at times because we stop taking as many pitches and often don't walk much.
    Did you even read what I posted? We take plenty of walks, you're hopeless, you can't even listen to anyone but yourself.

MLB ERA
    The Reds lead the NL in walks and even when they aren't hitting, they take a lot of walks. The problem is the inability to hit when it matters and just pure streakiness out of every player in the lineup. Every player who starts for us is a streaky player, and that's not going to change. Our offense will go through slumping periods and it'll go through periods of utter dominance as well. In the end, the offense isn't the problem and the offense's patience is probably the least problematic thing on the team. The offense now has multiple stealing threats even when Freel is out of the lineup, it's striking out less than in the past few years, it's walking just as much, if not more, and they're even getting good work off the bench, leading the league in pinch-hitting batting average. We're right there in runs, only trail the stat-padding Brewers in OPS, and lead the NL in RC27. In essence, CRF, I'm telling you to shut the hell up about the patience bullshit. There is one player in our lineup who needs to develop more patience and I'm not that worried about whether he does or not.