Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave Williams DFA

Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    I would love to send you to the Brewers.
    Geki... you have to remember to take your medicine.

MLB ERA
    You need to remember to take your anti-dumbass pills.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Very good news here guys. I am sure you all are passed it, but I am just now getting used to the fact that we won't have to deal with him any longer.

Burns and Hammond need to go next IMO. Wagner is going to have to get it done in Louisville right now.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Very good news here guys. I am sure you all are passed it, but I am just now getting used to the fact that we won't have to deal with him any longer.

Burns and Hammond need to go next IMO. Wagner is going to have to get it done in Louisville right now.
    Hammond has survived my chopping block cause he's actually improving over the start of the season. Not like others.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

You need to remember to take your anti-dumbass pills.
    Serious man, I'm just trying to help you out. It's obvious that you have major anger issues.

MLB ERA
    Not at all. I'm just irritated by the presence of those who are vastly inferior to myself (all of you).

MLB ERA
    Not at all. I'm just irritated by the presence of those who are vastly inferior to myself (all of you).
    This coming from the man who says a sub 3.40 ERA sucks... ya real superior... keep telling yourself that kid.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Lizard doesn't have a sub-3.40 ERA.

MLB ERA
    Lizard doesn't have a sub-3.40 ERA.
    Let me rephrase that... Coming into TONIGHT he had a sub 3.40 ERA.

The guy still has the 3rd best ERA on the team. No one ever said he was the second coming of Jose Rijo or Joe Nuxhall, Geki. He got into trouble like a lot of pitchers... he started walking people. He did it in the first inning walking Weeks but didnt let it get to him we got out of the inning without giving up a run. He walked 2 more in the third and Fielder made him pay that was it. Besides those two innings... 0 BBs=0 runs scored by Milwaukee. His line minus the third?

4 IP, 3 Hits, 0 ER, 0 BBs. He threw only 83 pitches and could have gone back out there but Narron thought the team had a chance to put the game away with a PH and pulled him. Hes never going to be elite but if he continues to give us 6-7 good innings (like he has almost every start) then you will start to see more Ws than Ls. The guy has done as much as we could have asked if not more. Why the constant bashing?

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    He's the second coming of Ramon Ortiz.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, there's no way I would DFA Hammond right now with our other bullpen issues.

He is starting to pitch more like I thought he would at the beginning of the year. He has looked rather sharp over his last 14.1 IP, yielding only 2 ER.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The Reds have another week to decide what to do with Dave Williams, with the preferred avenue a trade that would allow Cincinnati to salvage something in return for the left-hander.

There have been rumblings that the New York Mets might be interested, but nothing concrete has surfaced yet. There may not even be a trade; the Reds could lose Williams on waivers, or he could clear and accept an outright assignment to Louisville.

The uncertainty has left Williams in a wait-and-see mode, said his agent, Billy Martin Jr.

"He's bummed," Martin said. "He wanted to make it work. He wanted to win some games there."

Instead, the Reds' only return from the Sean Casey trade at the moment is the money they saved in the deal, which was significant in its own right. Though there is a possibility Williams could remain in the organization, the writing on the wall is that the Reds didn't think he could help them, otherwise he would have simply been optioned to Louisville to work out the kinks.

"We certainly were caught off-guard," said Martin. "I thought it was going to be such a good fit."

Marc Lancaster
    http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....605230329/1027

I really hope we get something in return for him. but lancaster's point of us saving money because we are not paying casey's fat contract anymore makes this whole situation feel good regardless. The only thing better would have been for Williams to be a good pitcher for the Reds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12