Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Game 35: Nats @ Reds

MLB ERA
    BTW before anyone questions this post Let me state this is NOT Hollywood Leo this is his Older Brother DaNi3L™ fellow Red Fan and Bengal fan, I can't seem to log leo out of his name for some reason i'm guessing it deals with my dad's computer i'm on right now :| and I needed to post this, when we get back home on the 18th I should be able to post under my own name

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I'm going to make everyone on this board happy and not post or start game threads anymore.

I somehow sense that the volume on the board will drop a lot as others fail to start them.
    I have not been much of a poster on strike 3 Forums Cause I don't know to many people here, but I shall make my name known here, and If no one starts any game threads I shall start that even if that's just a start for me I don't care

this game has proved how great we can do even with someone messing up on it we come out great

CincyRedsFan30 I have no thoughts on you why people get on your back or what not I understand having doubts if at all when things don't look good and by all means post your thoughts everyone has the right to do so, If you want to leave I can't stop you, but personally If I was you I wouldn't let people run me out of a place I like to go to

But if you do go I'll take over on the game threads just to let you know, if you stay and do them I will join in on them don't let people run you out ok Your a Reds fan that's what makes you great in my eyes got it, post whatever you want with pride don't let people get you down ok thanks

I don't know many others here so I would like to add we are all reds fans here arn't we, some may not be and just join in on the threads i'm not going to go and check but this is a sport we love to discuss keep the drama out of it please thank you
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Did I say that?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Your brother did and it was a very classy post indeed.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    First off no comment on anything from the last page or so, I would rather talk about the fantastic Reds Win

wow, I went to bed because I had to get up, I figured down by 2 runs(even before it became 3 runs) I was upset, I really feel that this bullpen is terrible, the best guy you got out there didn't even go out until after the game was tied, Please for the love of God make Todd Coffey the closer, and clearly Shackaford should be doing some set up for him with Weathers

But even with that Said, Gotta give love to Jr, he still has some magic left, I haven't bad mouthed him all year so its good that he came through so the people that did can shut up.

This team is good no doubt a bout it, but they do really need to move some guys around in that bullpen

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I watched about 30 minutes of the game, due to various reasons I wasn't able to watch more. I do, however, have to say that was a defining win for the Reds. It could be one of those wins that we look back on and say, "That was the turning point for this team."
    rf28

agreed 28. i think this game, and really last night too, really speaks to our need to use coffey more wisely. He's so obviously our best reliever, by A LOT. While i agree with CRF and some other posters here that we don't necessarily need a "closer" because sometimes a save situation isn't the most important time in a game, i think we need to start using coffey in the close save situations.

Weathers has blown 2 saves in 2 days if i'm not mistaken, and while the reds won both of those games, they'd have been a lot less stressful, and a lot better for our bullpen as a whole, if we just let coffey shut these teams down when it counts.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    agreed 28. i think this game, and really last night too, really speaks to our need to use coffey more wisely. He's so obviously our best reliever, by A LOT. While i agree with CRF and some other posters here that we don't necessarily need a "closer" because sometimes a save situation isn't the most important time in a game, i think we need to start using coffey in the close save situations.

Weathers has blown 2 saves in 2 days if i'm not mistaken, and while the reds won both of those games, they'd have been a lot less stressful, and a lot better for our bullpen as a whole, if we just let coffey shut these teams down when it counts.
    yeah i used the word closer for lack of a better word, but last night weathers came in and let a runner on quickly and had to battle from there(and if ross hadn't dropped the ball it would have been game, but no thanks to Weathers)

then Coffey comes in and shuts them down 1,2,3 if i was him i would be sitting around wondering what it takes to be the man in the bullpen

MLB ERA
    For anyone who wanted to hear Marty's call of Griffey's HR, here is is. It is what makes Marty one of the best, IMO:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp....jsp&team=home

Just click on "Griffey crushes game winner" under the audio tab below the picture of Griffey waving to the crowd.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I still wanna know what the hell I did yesterday

That was a great game last night, the best I've seen in awhile.

As for all of the personal problems on the forum, I actually enjoy reading everything to some extent. Imagin if this forum had no bickering whatsoever, which is the case for most forums in general. It would be sooooooooo boring around here. Looking back at my past history as a poster, I regret some of the things I've said here and at the old forum. But over the past year or so I know I have really matured. But nevertheless I still enjoy the drama even though I'm not as much a part of it. I also wish AdamDunn#44 would come back and post more. I think he's a great character and a good poster too.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Your brother did and it was a very classy post indeed.
    I meant every word of that as well

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516