Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Game 35: Nats @ Reds

MLB ERA
    McKain is more useful than CRF imo

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Yes.

I insulted you for being a drama queen right there, and it was quite useful.
    I'm going to make everyone on this board happy and not post or start game threads anymore.

I somehow sense that the volume on the board will drop a lot as others fail to start them.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Something tells me it'll also create far fewer "oh woe is me the Reds are having a bad half inning here" posts.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    I'm freaking speechless. Amazing, amazing, amazing game.

MVP: Ken, Lord of Being Awesome
    Bum: David Ross and Rick White get co-bum of the game honors.
    Whatever happened to Lord of the Pussies?

Geki Ace = Lord of the Fickle

MLB ERA
    Good.

You guys have fun with it.

I'll post on the other BIG Reds board where they understand some get emotional in Game Threads.

Redsr knows what I'm talking about. They respect you there nonetheless.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

You still shouldn't expect no criticism for it. If you want to be a whiny baby and leave go ahead.

MLB ERA
    Three posts and I got CRF to say he's leaving the forum.

New record for me.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Whatever happened to Lord of the Pussies?

Geki Ace = Lord of the Fickle
    Pussy? I don't know what you're talking about. He played through a horrible injury to bring us through to victory! This is bigger than Kirk Gibson!

MLB ERA
    god damn guys, i don't even bother with game threads anymore cause of the bickering on this board..i wish moderators would step it up and issue like post bans or something or turn on the warning system.

CRF30, you're a great asset to this forum and i enjoy your posts here.

geki, you're acting like a three year old
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    ...What the **** did I do?

CRF must have no consequences if he's going to stay here. He will be treated as a god or he will leave.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    god damn guys, i don't even bother with game threads anymore cause of the bickering on this board..i wish moderators would step it up and issue like post bans or something or turn on the warning system.

CRF30, you're a great asset to this forum and i enjoy your posts here.

geki, you're acting like a three year old
    Thank you. I feel the same about you.

Maybe I wouldn't get QUITE as emotional if it didn't seem some here only show up AFTER the games to make their little snide comments and then duck out again.

Also, it's hard to explain, but if there were more who actually posted on this thread during the games (Redsr has done a great job) I might feel a bit less intense because I would have others to share in my frustrations.

This team is very frustrating at times.

Some of the things they do within games gets really old.

So maybe I get emotional about it, but at least I show up in the first place.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    i wish moderators would step it up and issue like post bans or something or turn on the warning system.
    I don't want to ban anyone. I think all the regulars here add something to the forums, and trying to piss on all the fires that this forum has on a daily basis never works, I tried in the past. We would probably need to ban about 5-8 posters here (myself included since I argue a good deal as well) but then obviously the forum has lost it's heart since the people getting banned would be the most passionate posters. Few things guys:

1. If you find yourself getting emotional, realize that it isn't the world series, that you're on the internet and it might be the right time to take a five minute break from the game to calm down.
    2. If you see a poster getting emotion, setting them off even more so (whether intentional or not) is not likely going to help anyone. Realize that the dude loves the game, loves the team and let him cool off.
    3. For the most part, we're all adults here, let's act like it. The name calling that has been taking place over the past few months is just ridiculous. If you disagree with someone, post your argument, not your insult.

Most importantly, ask if what you're going to post is going to start trouble. I think everyone enjoys posting here, and enjoys the posters outside of the bickering, so why not make this place more enjoyable by just thinking a bit before making a post? Let's not get into the game of pointing blame of who starts what, because frankly, we've all started something at some point. I am telling you guys, without the stupid *****fests, this place is pretty fun (this thread for instance was a bummer to see after coming home from work.)

Obviously from the game it was an emotional one. so let's get past this and chalk up the misery of this thread to the misery of the Reds bullpen.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    There is nothing wrong with getting emotional during a game. I have no problem with you expressing your anger during a game. Others should not either.

I have seen everyone in here go off at times. Sure CRF show his pessimistic emotion more often than a lot of us but that is ok. That just shows me how passionate he is for this team. It doesn't bother me when he goes off because I see how others are viewing the situation. Half of the time I am feeling the same way. So by all means CRF continue to do the great job you have been doing during these game threads and get pissed if you want to. Sometimes these forums are a good outlet for venting.

As for anyone complaining about it, I will choose not to pay attention to the complaints. You have every right to feel that you think he goes overboard because it is a fact that he does at times. But why say something about it? It only makes things worse. As said earlier, who cares. It is actually apart of life. We all have different personalities here so we just have to learn how to connect.

Nothing wrong with CRF's feelings tonight. Move on.

MLB ERA
    my sentiments exactly both redsr and mission, thanks
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast