Thread: Q&A with Wayne K

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Q&A with Wayne K

Q&A with Reds GM Wayne Krivsky
    BY JESSICA BROWN | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Wayne Krivsky addressed several questions about the team during an appearance Tuesday at a West Chester Chamber Alliance event.

Question: Is Ken Griffey Jr. going to be questionable again this year?
    Answer: He's questionable (for Tuesday night). To be serious, the injury is not a serious one. He had another MRI last week where there was still some fluid on his tendon (in his right knee). I'm not a medical expert by any means, but it does bother him when he rounds bases. I told him, 'Well, if you hit it over the fence, you can go pretty slow and it shouldn't bother your tendon." But he tells me he's really close, but he still feels it a little bit in the back of his knee. I've been wrong predicting a lot of things, and I don't want to mislead anyone, but there's nothing out there that would suggest to us it's not a day-by-day type of thing.

Q: When Griffey comes back, do you want him in center field? And if he goes to center, what are you going to do with Ryan Freel?
    A: All I know is we're a better team with Ken Griffey Jr. on it. That's (Reds manager) Jerry Narron's job to figure that one out. That's a nice problem when you have too many good players. It'll be a juggling act for him. I don't know when Griffey comes back that he can play every day. I think the wise thing might be to sit him down. But I know he'll argue that he's fine and ready to go. But I think we need to use some common sense. He's not 21 anymore.

Q: How would you rate the Reds' minor-league system currently?
    A: The Reds' minor-league system has been rated very low by some of these publications and so-called baseball experts. I haven't seen our system, so I'm going to cop out on that one. But I know there's room for improvement. ... We might be in the bottom 10 somewhere, but hey, we're going to get better. The Dodgers were ranked No. 28 a couple years ago, and two years later they're ranked second. To make that kind of improvement in that short a time gives you some idea it's very subjective.
    Click Here for The Rest

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Krivsky
    I haven't seen our system

MLB ERA
    I don't want Casey back so I hope that doesn't happen. I liked him as a player a lot but he's part of the old Reds and should stay that way.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I agree with CRF. Casey is a nice guy, but in so many words is a cancer.

Anyways I think at some point Junior will move to first. It could be this year, next year, or three years from now.

MLB ERA
    Junior won't be playing three years from now.

I think Griffey plays two more years and leaves. He's too proud to be a DH, I'm starting to question his love for the game, and that's not a good sign.