Thread: Things need to be done

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Things need to be done

A lot of talk about lineups have been generated in our forum. But why? I know, it is because Miley has really not done such a great job with them. He is playing Pena a lot, who is the hot bat right now. No complaints here. But if he recognizes those with the hot streak, why can't he recognize those who are in a slump? For example; Pena needs to start, thats a given. But he puts Kearns on the bench so that Griffey can still be in the lineup. Then he puts Griffey second in the batting order where he has struggled mightily lately. Have Kearns start in right and Pena in center. Do it now! Do it not, and we will see more of what we saw today. I am not going to even bring up the DJ situation in here, for that you can read the other thread. So that just nails down our first two batters in tonight's game.

Casey has not been Casey, so Miley continues to use him as the Casey of old hoping he gets back to normal. I think he is slowly coming around now, but he is still struggling compared to usual. Bat him lower in the lineup. Randa has been crap since he was moved out of the sixth spot in the order. Plain and simple, put him back to batting sixth.

So here it is:

Freel (not only our best choice as a lead off hitter, but makes DJ a disgrace)
    Dunn (needs the AB, and is in an easy RBI situation with Freel leading off)
    Kearns (has hit the ball hard and is mightily protected in this lineup)
    Pena (on a tear like Randa was. So put the hot hand cleanup.)
    Casey (needs to drop a little IMO)
    Randa (has slown down and was awesome here beginning the season)
    Aurilia (finally hitting and is giving me the chance to like him)
    LaRue (have loved his approach this year)
    Claussen

Our lineup for tomorrow? Nope. Probably will look something like this:

Jiminez (automatic out)
    Griffey (automatic out)
    Casey (will get one hit, but nobody will be on in front of him)
    Randa (may get a hit every third game. Not really a lot to look forward to)
    Dunn (is on a tear and needs to move up)
    Pena (same as Dunn)
    Aurilia (finally getting some hits from him)
    LaRue
    Claussen

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So Miley dissapoints again with an even worse lineup than I projected he would give us. He started Freel in place of DJ, but he benched Dunn.

Anyhow Dunn came in and showed him whats up on a pinch hit double. And Griffey further proved my point that he should not be in the two hole. He is in a major slump and needs to be out of the lineup or further down. Freel blew it up and DJ sat. Very good. Keep that in mind. Casey is doing ok now, so he can bat third. But Randa still needs to see the sixth spot.

needed:

Freel 2B
    Lopez SS
    Casey 1B
    Dunn LF
    Kearns RF
    Randa 3B
    Griffey CF
    LaRue C
    Pitcher

what we will see:

Freel CF
    Jiminez 2B
    Casey 1B
    Randa 3B
    Dunn LF
    Kearns RF
    Aurilia SS
    LaRue C
    Pitcher

If we see that second lineup, I would completely think that Miley does not pay attention at all or will be banned from baseball for life for betting against his team. Begging for another loss. We may have another Pete Rose on our hands. Other than that, I have no clue what to think. Both Miley and Griffey lost this game as everyone else did their job today.

MLB ERA
    If Griffey hits second, Casey third and Dunn is out of the lineup again tomorrow, I might not even listen to the game.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I definitely won't. Thats a promise.