Thread: Cody Ross to DL/Denorfia called up

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Cody Ross to DL/Denorfia called up

per Marc Lancaster's Blog:

The Reds today placed Cody Ross on the disabled list with a bruised left pinky. His spot on the roster will be filled by...Chris Denorfia.

I thought the Ross thing might be coming as a way to get Junior back on, even though Ross really isn't hurt that badly. But this, I don't really get. At all. We'll see how they spin it.

Also, as expected, FSN Ohio has announced it will televise an additional 14 games in May and June, beginning with Saturday's tilt at Arizona.
    I agree that this is strange. Would they call Denorfia up for only a few days? That would reduce his options and would not be a good decision considering it would just be a few days until Griffey comes back. Either Krivsky has someone else in mind to send to Louisville, or he has a trade brewing. I can't think of anything else.

MLB ERA
    They might well DFA McCracken and keep Denorfia up, although that still wouldn't make sense as he wouldn't be playing much.

There could be a trade brewing.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.