Thread: Homer Bailey throws 6 no hit innings...

Homer Bailey throws 6 no hit innings...

Time for this guy to move up to Chattanooga.

Walked two, and struck out nine on the day.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/m...arafa_lakafa_1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep I agree, he should be called up soon. He has a very healthy ERA and is shwoing that he can pitch at that level. Call him up and see what he can do.

a 3.08 ERA isn't bad, but it's not exactly dominant at the single A level. i'm with DFN on this one, let him build a little confidence, get a little swagger going. If he puts up top of the rotation starts through most of May, then give him the call.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Homer Bailey has thrown 6 no hit innings again tonight. Only one walk, and he's struck out 11 so far.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/m...arafa_jupafa_1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Keep it up Homer! Man, I hope he earns that callup soon. Allow him to learn at a new level.

AA ERA
    I know this may be a bit away... But, from what I am hearing I look forward to seeing what this kid has got when he reaches the Louisville Bats. I go to quite a few of their games each season, interested in seeing what this kid can do.

Back when Kearns was in Louisville, I managed to meet him through a girl I dated, her brother was "jock strap cleaner", as I liked to call him, of the Louisville Bats. Met a few other lower profiled guys as well.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Bailey should be in AAA sometime this summer I would think.

it's great to see again, but the start he had in between the two 6 IP no hit bids was pretty bad. he's got a 44/10 k to bb ratio, and i think a good chunk of those 10 came in that start.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    it's great to see again, but the start he had in between the two 6 IP no hit bids was pretty bad. he's got a 44/10 k to bb ratio, and i think a good chunk of those 10 came in that start.
    Pretty bad? He went 5 and gave up 4 earned runs...3 of them in the first. Clearly not a good start but it wasn't horrible. No reason for him to be in Sarasota any longer.