Thread: Weber's ERA continues to shrink

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Weber's ERA continues to shrink

Weber's ERA continues to shrink

By Kevin Kelly
    Enquirer staff writer

The ERA of Reds relief pitcher Ben Weber plunged again Thursday.

The right-hander, who logged two key scoreless innings against the Cubs on Monday, tossed two more against the Pirates at Great American Ball Park.

"Honestly, it really doesn't matter, because we lost," said Weber, who has lowered his ERA from 18.34 to 5.87 with his past two outings. "If I can get the ball every two to three days, I'm going to be good for this team."

The Reds signed Weber to a one-year deal worth $600,000 as part of their drastic bullpen makeover this offseason.

In his first four appearances, which covered 32/3 innings, Weber allowed five earned runs on nine hits. Only once (April 6) has he pitched with a lead.

"I'm like any other pitcher," Weber said. "The more you pitch, the better you are.

"I know we have a lot of good arms in the bullpen, so we're going to be fighting for innings."
    Click here for the rest of the notes

AAA ERA
    well, We will see, but if he keeps it up, it can only be good for us, I just knock the guy becaues he doesn't have good stuff, he just tries to fool guys with his windup

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am glad he is dropping his ERA. Keep it up and we all will be happy!