Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Reds acquire Cody Ross

MLB ERA
    CBS is still saying this about Womack:

He's at Kinko's updating his resume: When Cincinnati activates Ken Griffey Jr. from the disabled list on Friday, the Reds are expected to release second baseman Tony Womack.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Here is what the Cincy Post said a couple days ago:

Don't think that because Brandon Phillips is suddenly lighting up the National League, the Reds will be forced to give up an elite prospect to the Indians when they complete the trade made earlier this month.

Phillips was dealt for a player to be named later or cash, and the transaction likely will be finalized by June.

Often times, the player to be named is someone who was taken in the previous year's draft, as players cannot be traded until one year after they've been drafted. GM Wayne Krivsky said that's not the case in the Philips deal, but wouldn't get into any other specifics. All that's certain is that the player will be a minor leaguer not on the 40-man roster.

The parameters of any transaction involving a player to be named are set when the deal is made, so it doesn't matter how well or poorly a player performs after switching clubs.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    BTW, apparently Baseball America rated Ross as the Dodgers' best defensive OF.

AA ERA
    Well, I guess that sums up why the trade is going down.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That basically answered what I was curious about. Thanks CRF.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I would trade Dunn IF (and it's a big if) we get someone like Dontrelle Willis in return.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    The Reds have officially acquired OF Cody Ross for a PTBNL and Womack has been designated for assignment.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Aww shucks, no more typing Woemack.

Glad to see Kriv is getting rid of Dan O's mistakes, let's hope that continues. If this move simply means that Freel will continue seeing 2B time (and less OF time) with the return of Jr and addition of Ross, I really like it (assuming we're not giving up anything too special.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Eh. I guess this deal is good since it rids us of Hosmack. It means that Phillips will get more time at 2B while Junior is out. When he comes back, I think 2B is still up for grabs.
    rf28

I like this move. Womack is crap and we bring in backup who wont demand to start, plays defense and can pinch hit. Good move by the Reds.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I really like it! I am glad this got done. Hopefully this is just a Buchanan or Abad type of PTBNL.

Krivsky continues to make this team better every day. There are 2 PTBNLs unaccounted for though now. I wonder who they will be. This will be the deciding factor in the two recent deals as to whether or not the were good. As it stands, I love having Phillips and I hope Ross can pan out to be worth our while. Good job Krivsky!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    The Reds have officially acquired OF Cody Ross for a PTBNL and Womack has been designated for assignment.
    Source? Its not on the Reds or Dodgers official site, nor is it on ESPN or MLB.com.
    rf28

AA ERA
    I agree with everyone here. Its like we have mentioned earlier, this team will be far different at the end of the season than it was on opening day.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Never mind, CRF, its on ESPN.com now.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So what do you guys think is next for Krivsky? Is he going to build on this and possibly trade Freel now? I would absolutely hate to lose Freel, but Ross is a valid replacement from what it sounds like and Freel may bring pitching.

What do you guys think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast