Thread: Milton flying back to Cincy with a sore knee

MLB ERA

Milton flying back to Cincy with a sore knee

Harang will be starting in place of Milton tomorrow, who apparently is having knee issues again. Maybe that's why he was bad last time out?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Is Harang going on three days rest?

MLB ERA
    Yeah, Harang is. One day early. Lancaster just updated his blog:

MILWAUKEE -- Eric Milton has been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow with "discomfort" in his left knee. He's on his way back to Cincinnati to be examined by Dr. Kremchek. Aaron Harang will come back early to start tomorrow.

Jerry Narron said the decision was made about 30 minutes before today's game. I did notice Milton hobbling around with a hefty amount of ice taped to his knee either yesterday or the day before, but that's not extremely unusual for him considering his past leg problems.

"Yesterday he was talking about it bothering him a little bit, and he was hoping he would come in today and feel pretty good, but he just didn’t," said Narron.

Was it an issue in Milton's start the other day against the Marlins, by far his worst performance of the year so far?

"I don’t know," said Narron. "He did not complain about it, did not make any excuse, but he did not look in his last start like he did in his first two."

Harang was approached before the game about making the Sunday start and said he could do it. He threw 85 pitches Wednesday against the Marlins.

"I’ve come back a couple times before in the minor leagues on three days’ rest," Harang said. "I feel good this week. I’m not worried about it."

Of course, bringing Harang back early leaves a hole in the rotation for Monday's series opener against the Nationals. Narron said he was "cautiously optimistic" that Milton might be able to return in time to make that start. If not, the options are limited.

Matt Belisle could give it a run, as he would be going on three days' rest from his 71-pitch relief outing here Thursday night. If the Reds make a roster move, they'd have to put somebody on the disabled list to recall Michael Gosling, who is scheduled to start tomorrow for Louisville. Monday's scheduled starter for the Bats is Darrell May, who is not on the 40-man and would have to be added.

"We’ll just see how it comes out with Milton," said Narron. "Hopefully he’ll be fine and be able to pitch on Monday."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Methinks Milton was bad his last time out because he sucks.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Michael Gosling ... Darrell May ... options are limited indeed.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Methinks Milton was bad his last time out because he sucks.
    He had looked decent lately until that start and then we find about this "knee" issue. Seems a little suspicious to me.

MLB ERA
    He's using his knee as an excuse for sucking.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    DL him now and call up Germano!
    rf28

AA ERA
    Maybe someone was trying to take a bat to Williams knee, but they didnt know what he looked like and just took out Milton instead.

AAA ERA
    Elizardo Ramirez is making the start tomorrow?

MLB ERA
    Yeah.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What do the Reds see in this guy? There is nothing that I have seen about his stuff that makes me think he even has the upside of a number five, but yet we always see his name.

I know our options are scarce, but we do have better (at least IMO). But am I missing something with this kid other than the fact that he is young and can be called 'The Lizard'?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    What do the Reds see in this guy? There is nothing that I have seen about his stuff that makes me think he even has the upside of a number five, but yet we always see his name.

I know our options are scarce, but we do have better (at least IMO). But am I missing something with this kid other than the fact that he is young and can be called 'The Lizard'?
    You are missing the fact that a nickname as cool as that makes up for any flaws he has.

AA ERA
    Just for the record: Lizards stats in Louisville this season

0-1, 3.94 ERA, 3 GS, 16 IP, 17 hits, 7 runs, 2 HR, 0 BB, 15 K

AA ERA
    Regardless of what you think of Lizard, he was really the only option for pitching on Monday. Germano pitched Saturday and Gosling pitched Sunday. May isnt on the 40 man so someone would have to be dropped for him. I guess we will find out if his control is any better. Obviously he has walked anyone yet and we shall see what he has learned if anything.