Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hatteberg: "This is a team that can put up runs like I've never seen"

MLB ERA
    Exactly Wally, which is why I made the post I did to General.

I started this thread so the Reds' offense could be discussed but of course it immediately steered off course to chatter about how the Reds' pitching was awful nonetheless.

That's not where this thread was supposed to head. It's not like this thread was posted on a team's board who doesn't score a lot of Runs, in an attempt to "show up" that team's offense. I posted it here for a discussion of how good the Reds' offense can be. Instead we get snide remakrs from fans of opposing teams about our pitching (per the usual)...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    and people made snide remarks about another team's offense.

I've never said anything bad about the Reds offense. They have the best offense in the NL IMHO as I've stated a few times. All I was trying to prove was that the A's offense was not as bad as Geki was trying to make it seem, that is all.

MLB ERA
    Maybe Geki's comment was a bit over the top, but he was on topic there. It's true that Hatteberg didn't see the offense with the A's last year that he has seen thus far with the Reds. Whether they were "somewhat close" or "way off" isn't the issue. He made a factual comment in reply to what Hatteberg said in the article.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Prov, we got a Ferrari sitting in our garage. Sure it doesn't run because we couldn't afford an engine for it, but boy does it look sweet. It's not at full potential at all, but we can take pride in the beauty of that one aspect while we cry at night for never seeing it in action with the engine. That's basically how I see the Reds, in an abstract manner of course.

Anyway, I think Hatteberg's comments were not a rip so much on the A's but just how amazing these first few games have been with runs scored, we're at what about 100 now? That's always a pretty incredible feat.

MLB ERA
    Oakland's offense has been in the bottom half of the AL every year except for last year, when they were in the middle of the AL. It's safe to say that they generally have a sucky offense, while the Reds have a dominant one, Mr. I-Take-Mean-Remarks-By-Geki-Way-Too-Seriously-And-Am-Possibly-In-Denial-About-My-Team's-Offense.

But their pitching trumps yours. So you can't exactly talk smack to an A's fan, because the A's could win 8 outta 10 from you guys.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    Also, we totally swept the everloving crap out of the Roid Brothers and the rest of that band of jackasses in '90.
    Congratulations. We beat you in 1972 on our way to 3 in a row

AA ERA
    Congratulations. This thread is stupid.

Look who started the thread.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here's a summary guys:
    The Reds offense is good.
    The A's offense, was slightly above average last year but due to past years, is sill an easy joke target.
    The Reds pitching sucks. (Really? I had no clue up to this point.)
    The A's pitching is good.

Alright, anyone learn anything new? Nope, didn't think so. Oh and a Braves fan was in here for seemingly no reason other than to remind us about the state of the pitching. Wow, great thread.

Closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12