Thread: Griffey still not in the lineup...

Griffey still not in the lineup...

Ok, I can see resting him in St. Louis. But this is getting ridiculous. If it's a more serious injury than initially thought let us know, this day to day BS is getting old. Put him on the DL if he can't play sometime in this series.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    EXACTLY!!! He would be facing Hack Moehler tonight. If he were facing D-Train, I would understand it. This is the same crap that happens every time he gets hurt. We get the whole day-to-day garbage and he winds up on the DL. Just skip right to it and get someone up here, like Denorfia, that can help us.

If he's to the point where he can't recover from a hyperextended knee (which I've done several times and it usually feels good enough to run on after a day or two), then he needs to retire.
    rf28

AA ERA
    If he's to the point where he can't recover from a hyperextended knee (which I've done several times and it usually feels good enough to run on after a day or two), then he needs to retire.
    I'm feeling the love for Griffey in this thread lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I love Griffey, but this is getting tiresome.
    rf28

AA ERA
    Well, as long as he is still playing baseball I believe he will continue to get injuries in different varieties. It's one of those things you just have to decide is better when he is healthy or worse when he is hurt.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

AA ERA
    Griffey's leg still giving him problems
    By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer
    April 17, 2006

CINCINNATI (AP) -- A muscle behind Ken Griffey Jr.'s right knee was still tight on Monday, forcing him out of the Cincinnati Reds' starting lineup for the fifth straight game.

Griffey ran on a treadmill for 12 minutes. He said the leg felt better, but it still tended to tighten. Griffey has never had a problem like this one.

"It's just a knot," Griffey said. "They rub it out, it comes back."

Manager Jerry Narron had hoped that Griffey would be back in the lineup Monday. He was encouraged after Griffey's workout on the treadmill.

"He's getting close," Narron said. "It feels much better. Before too long, he'll be back in the starting lineup."

Griffey, 36, didn't think it would take this long.

The muscles behind the knee tightened while he chased a fly ball during batting practice last Wednesday in Chicago. He left the game during the fourth inning because the leg was bothering him.

He was available to pinch-hit on Monday, but the Reds didn't want him running in the outfield for fear he could cause more severe damage to the leg.

"It's tough," Griffey said. "I hate to not be playing, more than anything."

Griffey won the NL's comeback player of the year award last season, when he played in 128 games and hit .301 with 35 homers and 92 RBIs. He hadn't played more than 83 games in any of the three previous seasons, when he suffered a series of major injuries -- torn knee tendon, dislocated shoulder, torn ankle tissue, torn hamstring.

Griffey came into spring training healthy this year, and looked sharp during the World Baseball Classic. He hit a pair of homers before injuring the leg last week.

The series of setbacks taught Griffey the importance of being patient while an injury heals.

"I think I understand a little more now," he said. "I still have the same urge and desire to be out there."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

just found this guys..

I like Griffey as much as anyone...just wish they'd be more open when talking about his injuries.