Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: relief

MLB ERA
    He wasn't that impressive last year, except the 2.43 ERA and WHIP slightly over 1 in 30.2 innings.

Love Shack is the ****ing man.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    why are people so sold on "love shack"... 5.1 innings isn't much to be sold on guys. and he wasn't really that impressive when he was called up/spring training
    Hes better than having old shitty relievers. He can at least improve, not decline.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    The idea of a "Closer" is overrated. It's an overpaid position. The team simply needs someone who can get batters out by missing bats. It doesn't have to be someone who is "known" as a "Closer" or who would always even pitch the 9th inning. Whenever the team needs that player most late in the game, that player should come in. If the team has a 3-run lead in the 9th against a weak part of the opposing lineup, I don't think they have to go to a particular "Closer."
    lol, I am not arguing with you, call it what you want, call him a middle reliever call him a peckerhead, the reds need a guy who you can throw out there in the 9th inning and get batters out, I don't care if he is a "known Closer" like you say, but Weathers isn't good enough to be that type of a guy

MLB ERA
    That's why I said they need a power arm who can get guys out in a key situation in a game. Coffey might be turning into one of those types, but I'd like another one somewhere in the pen. I don't think they need to target some expensive guy who is only expensive because he has the "Closer" title attached to his name. The whole concept is overrated and teams that don't spend their money well end up someone who isn't that great but who is known by that name.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    That's why I said they need a power arm who can get guys out in a key situation in a game. Coffey might be turning into one of those types, but I'd like another one somewhere in the pen. I don't think they need to target some expensive guy who is only expensive because he has the "Closer" title attached to his name. The whole concept is overrated and teams that don't spend their money well end up someone who isn't that great but who is known by that name.
    i agree that they shouldn't go out and get some high priced guy just because he is a closer, I still feel that they need to take a starter who can do it, unfortunately we don't really have a lot of lively arms to choose from

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12