Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Game 9: Reds @ Cubs 4/13

AA ERA
    Yeah about the only thing more we could ask for is for his velocity to get back up. If that happens or not is another story. But as long as he is getting guys out and giving the Reds a chance to win, I will be happy.

MLB ERA
    You guys need to stop hating on Mike Burns. He'll be solid if we give him a chance.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I also think White could be solid. Laugh all you want, but thats how I see it. yet they are not getting it done right now.

Regardless, Hammond needs to go away. Its sucks too because I was looking forward to his presence more than the others additions we made to the bullpen this offseason.

MLB ERA
    Mike Burns better not allow so many runners or he will likely end up with an awful ERA to finish the season.

As for Milton, velocity is certainly what could get even better for him, although it certainly has went up from last year. He hit 93 MPH at times yesterday, which is good to see. Also hearing him say he's just getting stronger as we speak could be a good sign. Maybe he can get the velocity up another MPH or two and even more consistently.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Burns doesn't have a history of allowing that many baserunners.

Rick White, on the other hand, has done nothing but allow baserunners for the last 4 or 5 years. His signing was probably the least justifiable.

AA ERA
    I dont mind Burns. He hasnt proved to be awful yet. Hopefully Hammond is just in a slump b/c he is going to have to suck for 3 or 4 months for us to lose him, IMO. White sucks and needs to be gone. So I would stick with Burns and bring up Shack and Wags. But I would be surprised to see Krivsky clean house like that. We would probably only see one move at a time.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112