Thread: Krivsky: "nothing much is going on"

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Krivsky: "nothing much is going on"

With the jam-up in the infield that includes four second basemen and a roster that soon will include three catchers, it figures general manager Wayne Krivsky is hot on the trail of trade.
    "Not really, nothing much going on," he said. "We're trying to do something with Matt Kata since we've designated him for assignment. We'd like to do something good for him in a trade that is almost something good for us."
    Yes, Kata was a second baseman, too.
    Kata to be the PTBNL in the Phillips deal?

I don't know if that would suffice for the Indians. But this is dissapointing to hear that Krivsky is not doing much about the logjam. Is he pulling a DanO and trying to keep things hush hush?

i'm really starting to think that Krivsky doesn't care about the 2006 team at all, and is just making moves to get building blocks for the future. Everyone thought the arroyo trade was to get better now, and it was a little bit for sure, but i think that deal was all about how sweet arroyo's contract is for the next 3 years.

Same with phillips. It seems like he's just willing to make narron deal with a bad 25 man roster in order to get the players he wants going forward. He knows that phillips is his guy for the future, and if getting him means carrying 4 2b this year, then so be it, because this year isnt' his team anyway.

That's my theory at least. I would be that next year's team, when kriv has made the moves he wants, won't have all these crazy problems like too many catchers and 2b.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford