Thread: Indians-White Sox team comparison

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Indians-White Sox team comparison

C-Pierzinski vs Martinez-I think it might be a wash.Pierzinski is very solid,as is Martinez.If I had to choose,I think I would have to go with Victor.He's got an excellent bat and if probally the best,or at least top-3 defensivley at that position.

1B-Konerko vs Broussard-Konerko no doubt.

2B-Iguchi vs Belliard-I don't know much about Iguchi.Looking at stats Belliard had a better BA,more RBI's,and more HR's.Belliard is very good defensivley,I watched him make plays last year that left me stunned.But Iguchi seems to be able to steal bases really well,seeing how he racked up 15 last season.Right now,I am gonna say it's a wash with my limited knoledge of Iguchi.

3B-Crede vs Boone?-Eh,Crede doesn't impress me,but then again neither did Boone last year.But Boone will be better this year,last year was his first year back after tearing his ACL.It's a wash right now.

SS-Uribe vs Peralta-Eh dangit,another wash.Both look very good and will have great careers.

OF- Podsednik vs Blake?-Posednik,unless we get rid of Blake for some stuf RFer.

OF-Anderson vs Sizemore-Sizemore right now,Anderson didn't play much last year.

OF-Dye vs Michaels?(not sure about your outfielders other than grady)-I gotta give it to Dye right now.More HR's,more RBI,but a much lower BA.Dye is almost a much more established player than Michaels.

DH-Thome vs Hafner-I think I gotta give it to Pronk right now.Thome missed most of last season with his back injury,so I think he's gonna have a slow start.I have no clue if his back will hold up,and he is having a hamstring problem right now and those seem to linger.

Rotation-Buhrle-Garcia-Garland-Contrares-Vasquez vs Sabathia-Lee-Byrd-Westbrook-Johnson or Davis?-Right now,I gotta give it to the Sox.Your guys are very established (though Vazquez hasn't impressed me at all,and I think he's gonna be a total flop).Though I think Sabathia is gonna have a breakout year and show that he is one of the top pitchers in baseball and challenge for the Cy Young this year.I also really like Westbrook.But right now,it looks like you guys have a better rotation,though I don't think your guys will be as good as they were last year.

Bullpen-McCarthy-Politte-Jenks-Cotts-Logan-Thorton(probable) vs Wickman-Betancourt-Miller-Sauerbeck-Mota-Davis??-Indians.Wickman has been a very good closer for a while,and I think last year he showed that he is one of the tops in the league.Betancourt is very effective as is Sauerbeck.And if Mota can get back on track he is the best set-up man in the game.Nobody in your pen really impresses me,and Jenks is already in the doghouse in Chi-Town and he hans't even been on the mound for one regular-season game yet.

I think the Indians will do a better job of winning the one-run games this year,not just against you guys but all the teams.I think we both end up with around 95 wins and it's a toss-up who wins the division.Whoever comes in second I think gets the Wild Card.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA

White Sox Analysis

C-Pierzinski vs Martinez-I undoubtedly give this to VMart, who I believe is poised for an All-Star season, and honestly Pierzynski is overrated. (+ to CLE)

1B-Konerko vs Broussard- Konerko, but I've always had a soft spot for Broussard. If Broussard can tap his potential, hopefully surrounded by good hitters, he has good power. But Konerko is one of baseball's best 1b so he wins this (+ to CHW)

2B-Iguchi vs Belliard- This is a wash to me. Belliard is good, but he is not very consistent. And although Iguchi has not performed better than Belliard, he has the talent to.
    (CLE + CHW)

3B-Crede vs Boone- They both bite it. So I'm looking at future optios, and I'll give this to Cleveland, because Marte will be up by midseason and he is one of baseball's best specs. And Crede honestly sucks. (+ to CLE)

SS-Uribe vs Peralta- Peralta. Uribe was a significant underacheiver last year, and with Jhonny coming off of his breakout year, I think it's only fair to give it to Peralta.
    (+ to CLE)

OF- Podsednik vs Blake?- Podsednik, I like SB more the K's. (+ to CHW)

OF-Anderson vs Sizemore- Sizemore, like Peralta, is coming off of a breakout year. It could potentially be Anderson, but for now, we'll give the nod to Grady. (+ to CLE)

OF-Dye vs Michaels- Dye was good last year, and Michaels has potential, but they both have significant question marks. Push. (CLE + CHW)

DH-Thome vs Hafner- I don't like Thome, I think his run is ending, and Hafner's is just beginning. But I'll give this a push because Thome has such great hitting intangibles, and if he's not injured he could be 35+ HR potential. (CLE + CHW)

Rotation-Buehrle-Garcia-Garland-Contreras-Vazquez vs Sabathia-Lee-Byrd-Westbrook-Johnson/Davis?- Buerlhe is clearly the better #1, just because Sabathia has yet to really acheive anything since his rookie year. Cliff Lee is coming off of his career year, and I only expect more of the same. Garland was phenomenal last year, and Byrd is just decent. Westbrook and Contrears push, even though Jose's arsenal is more potent, he is inconsistent. Vazquez undoubtedly is one of baseball's best #5's.
    (CHW +++)
    (CLE +)
    (CHW + CLE)

Setup-McCarthy-Politte-Cotts vs Betancourt-Miller-Sauerbeck-Mota.
    Politte and Cotts are 2 of the best relievers in the game. And although Cleveland's bullpen has great potential, bullpen needs consistency, which Chicago has.
    (+ to CHW)

Closer- Jenks vs. Wickman
    Wickman has been a consistent closer for his non-injured years. But ever since Jenk's masterful performance in last year's Playoffs, he has been clutch in my book.
    (+ to CHW)

Lineup: CLE-7 to CHW-5
    Starting Pitching: CLE-2 to CHW-4
    Relief: CLE-0 to CHW-2

CHW wins 11-9

This doesn't surprise me. Cleveland will once again have playoff hitting, but whether their pitching will be of playoff caliber remains to be seen.
    And although Chicago's lineup isn't that impressive, they have good, consistent pitching, and solid hitting, which is a recipe for success.

Meh, I prefer comparisons based on batting order (much like how you compared P #1 to P #1) rather than position. Sure, perhaps Loretta or Cano are slightly better than one another, but Ortiz kicks Sierra's ass and Rodriguez does similarly to Lowell.

But still, rep to both for the effort. I might give my opinion in a bit
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.