Thread: White Sox Beat Twins 5-1

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

White Sox Beat Twins 5-1

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=cws

Konerko and Rowand go deep in sixth inning
    By Scott Merkin / MLB.com

Aaron Rowand hit a two-run homer in the sixth inning against the Twins on Friday. (Jim Mone/AP)
    White Sox Headlines

print this page | e-mail this page
    MINNEAPOLIS -- Paul Konerko entered Friday's game at the Metrodome with three hits in 38 at-bats against Minnesota starter Kyle Lohse.
    He exited with four hits in 40 at-bats, but that one hit proved to be the game-winner. Konerko's mammoth home run with one out in the sixth, a 427-foot blast to left, broke up a pitchers' duel between Lohse and Orlando 'El Duque' Hernandez and pushed the White Sox to a 5-1 victory in the Twins' home opener before 48,764.

Konerko came through on a 3-2 pitch, his second home run of the season -- both of which have traveled at least 400 feet. Jermaine Dye followed with a single to left, and Aaron Rowand ended Lohse's night with his first home run of 2005 on a 2-1 pitch.

Carl Everett added three hits for the White Sox (3-1), including two doubles. He drove in the game's first run in the first inning and added an insurance run with two outs in the seventh, scoring Scott Podsednik, who reached on an infield single and picked up his second stolen base of the night.

Hernandez mixed speeds and arm angles, keeping the Twins (2-2) off stride all night long. He scattered six hits over seven innings, allowing Minnesota only a third-inning run on Jason Bartlett's RBI double. Hernandez fanned five and threw 70 of his 104 pitches for strikes.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Wow i am loving our pitching this year. Buerhle gave up 0 runs. Contereras gave up 1 run. Garcia gave up 2 runs. Now Hernandez gave up 1 run. Thats a total of 4 runs given up by out starting pitchers. Its gonna be a great season for our staff. Our hitters are struggling though. Especially Joe Crede who is hitting below.100. Every year i think he is going to break out, and every year he disappoints me. Is this your year finallly Joe Crede?

Beuhrle surprised me at the beginning of the season. Didn't think he would do that well. But he did. Congrats to him.

Your pitching is really performing well.

Hopefully Konerko plays well this year. I remember a couple years back, when he was just playing awesome. I thought he was going to be this greater player, but now he's just in a slump. IIRC, last year was an ok year for him. Could be confusing things right now.