Thread: Funny Guillen quote

White Sox Funny Guillen quote

Ozzie Guillen, upon being told that RHP Jon Garland thought he had good stuff despite allowing 7 runs and 13 hits in a loss Tuesday night, had this to say:

"Bring me the bad stuff then."

I'm sure even Garland himself had to chuckle about this.

Too often players simply spew forth with canned responses, which really don't say anything.

Roger Clemens is the only modern day pitcher who departs from this, and is honest in assessing himself. In an earlier loss this year, he said "I sucked. I hope they (the Cardinals) enjoyed themselves, because they got a rare treat. Won't happen again." This from a guy with a league leading 1.45 era .... hard to believe Clemens is 43 ... he looked as good (if not better) in his last outing than he did as a young pup.

Ozzie is the man. The kind of guy the Yankees need; a guy to kick them in the ass.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ozzie is starting to become one of my favorite managers. This guy just gets it. He was such a great veteran and has been around the game long enough to know how to keep a team going. He sweats the samll stuff and gets it out of the way. Hopefully he can stick around for a while.