Thread: Ozzie to the Marlins?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Marlins Ozzie to the Marlins?

That is the rumor...

BREAKING: Ozzie Guillen to be Traded to Marlins - 104.5 THE TEAM - ESPN RADIO

Multiple baseball sources, including the Chicago Sun-Times have cited direct sources of a trade that would send White Sox vocal manager Ozzie Guillen to the Florida Marlins. It is unclear what the White Sox would get in return, but this seems to certainly mark the end of Ozzie’s tenure with the Chi Sox.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Ozzie to the Marlins?

Seems like he was released from his contract and will take the job with the Marlins. I really don't get this move. If LoMo can't speak his mind without being punished, how the hell will Guillen? That said, I am more interested in who will take over for the White Sox.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Suppose the White Sox landed Leo Nunez and Juan Carlos Oviedo for Ozzie?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox acquired SS Osvaldo Martinez and RHP Jhan Marinez from the Marlins for manager Ozzie Guillen.
    The odd agreement was finalized on Tuesday afternoon, with Guillen signing a four-year contract to the be the new manager of the Miami Marlins. Martinez, a 23-year-old infielder, was selected in the 11th round of the 2006 MLB Amateur Draft. He's a decent defender with good speed, but is far from a major prospect. Marinez is a 23-year-old middle reliever.
    I like the Lou Piniella for Randy Winn trade better

Rookie ERA

Every piece I am reading makes it sound like this is a done deal. Williams states Oz is free to speak to to any team but a deal has been agreed upon for compensation with one team... believed to be the Marlins.

I think the question is how big of a muzzle will the Fish need to contain both Oz and LoMouth. Thisis kind of adding to my fuel of wanting to head to their new park for a weekend next summer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sandy Alomar Jr. has been rumored to be a candidate to replace Guillen as manager. I think he would make a good manager and am really pulling for him to get the job. Alomar played five seasons in Chicago.

Rookie ERA

Supposedly Davey Martinez is on the list, too.