Thread: Pierzynski's 1st DL stint....ever!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox Pierzynski's 1st DL stint....ever!

White Sox general manager Ken Williams said Tuesday that A.J. Pierzynski might need surgery on his fractured right wrist.
    Pierzynski was placed on the disabled list for the first time in his career Tuesday after an MRI exam and CT scan revealed a hairline fracture. The White Sox are hopeful he will make progress in the coming days, but are prepared for the worst-case scenario. ‘‘In 10 days, we will have some tests on him, and then if there’s cartilage growth in that area, then it’s an indication that it’s healing,’’ said Williams. ‘‘If there’s not, then it may mean he has to have surgery.’’ Tyler Flowers will see the majority of the playing time behind the plate during his absence.
    Pretty damn impressive that this is his first time on the DL. He plays the toughest position to play having to block balls in the dirt, foul balls off your head, collisions at the plate, etc.. As for how this effects the White Sox, this is a blow to the team. He's hitting .296/.338/.412 with just 6 HR but does have 23 doubles. White Sox sit just 3.5 games out so they can't afford to lose AJ for too long. Flowers has had a good '11 albeit just 9 games. White Sox need him to keep it up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Pierzynski's 1st DL stint....ever!

That is pretty damn impressive, for a catcher.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Not a big AJ fan but that is astounding especially with his aggressiveness on both sides of the plate.

MLB ERA

Pierzynski has been a very durable player, period. He always answers the bell.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

When I think of Pierzynski I will always think of the Giants making a bad trade for him and the 2005 ALCS. Pierzynski's 1st DL stint....ever!-83-00053-jpg