Thread: Dallas McPherson Sighting

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox Dallas McPherson Sighting

White Sox purchased the contract of 3B Dallas McPherson from Triple-A Charlotte.
    McPherson was once a top prospect in the Angels organization but he hasn't played in the majors since 2008. He has battled injuries throughout his career and is now 30 years old. McPherson has smacked 110 homers with a .599 slugging percentage in 379 games at Triple-A, but struck out 511 times over that span. He'll be a bench bat with the White Sox until Mark Teahen returns from the disabled list.
    I wonder if Ozzie will give him a start or not. No one is really crushing it from the 3B position for the White Sox so why not? I really had no idea where McPherson had gotten a job or that he was even still playing. He was batting .305/.366/.458 at AAA this year.

MLB ERA

Re: Dallas McPherson Sighting

I saw Dallas McPherson play in the low minors and was impressed with the way he handles himself on the field. If he is healthy, he could help a lot at 3B for the Sox.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: Dallas McPherson Sighting

I guess this experiment didn't last long. The Sox DFA'd McPherson today. Not sure if he'll accept his AAA assignment or not, but I would if I were him.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon