Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Sox after Griffey?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I don't follow the Reds a whole lot, but does Griffey really want out of Cincinnati? It wouldn't be a bad trade if it was done.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I don't think he wants out, but with the way the front office is handling things, he may not turn down a decent offer. This team is not exactly a happy place to be with how management handles things. But, Griffey has not said he wants out at all. So, I doubt he will just go anywhere. There is a lot of things that must happen for this to work out, but it is still a possibility.

I think Griffey would be happy to move to a right situation. I'm going way off the limb here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Lou-Griffey reunite. DRays could give you guys a mild spect in return. Griffey may just flourish again under Lou.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Or bring Lou back to the Reds. It would be a double reunite thing for him. He gets Junior back and the Reds back. But, you may be on to something although I have not heard anything on that.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Or bring Lou back to the Reds. It would be a double reunite thing for him. He gets Junior back and the Reds back. But, you may be on to something although I have not heard anything on that.

I doubt Lou goes to Cincy to manage. I see TB as being the last place he's at. He left Seattle to TB mainly to be around his family, I don't see him leaving TB any time soon. If Chuck Lamar is smart he'll get Griffey, it'd be a great move. Griffey could provide some type of leadership, and put some more fans in the seats for TB.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Casey grounds out for the final out. Good inning to take the lead. Looks like it will be Mercker in to close it out.
    Great post. Mixing up this thread with a game thread.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    LOL oops I guess I have to erase these.

I've done it myself. It happens.

I don't see the WhiteSox taking on Griffey's contract. Tehy shown to be cheap in the past and I don't see them chancing a 35 year old OFer.

I definetly don't see the D-Rays spending any money.

That is not even entering the argument about how good of prospects someone would give the Reds. He stays, IMO.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well Griffey just stated that he will use his 10 and 5 rule and vito any trade. He claims to want to retire out of Cincinnati. So, this probably closes the book on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12