Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andruw Jones signs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

American League Andruw Jones signs

Chicago White Sox sign Andruw Jones to one-year deal - ESPN Chicago

The Chicago White Sox have signed outfielder Andruw Jones to a one-year contract for $500,000, with a chance to make $1 million in performance bonuses.

Jones, a five-time All-Star, spent the 2009 season with the Texas Rangers after being released by the Los Angeles Dodgers in January in the second year of a $36 million contract.

According to White Sox sources, Jones is not being considered as a starting outfielder at this point. With the loss of Scott Podsednik to free agency and Dewayne Wise being released, the team was interested in solidifying its bench.
    That's all well and good Andruw. I mean, you were on track to be a hall of famer with a gazillion gold gloves and 500 plus homeruns, to go with all of the achievements you had in the postseason, especially the World Series, as literally a kid.. to now a journeyman. You wasted away your talent for the taste of a twinkie, you let greatness go for a crummy hotdog. Now it's your 4th team this decade, 3rd in the past 3 seasons.

Congratulations, you suck.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Andruw Jones signs

If Colon is brought back, imagine being in line behind Jenks, Jones, and Colon in the buffet line... hopefully the platter remains after the cartoon wind gush dissipates.

MLB ERA

Jones has been done. Look at the second half of last year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He's dead to me.
    Ted

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

To think all he had to do was to get his career back on track with the Dodgers and he would have his Hall of Fame plaque complete with his likeness in a Braves hat. Whatever though, he doesn't deserve one ounce of sympathy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You're right mofo, he doesn't. His skillset has virtually all but eroded, sans the occasional power swing. It really will be one of those stories we can tell our grandkids about; crash and burn.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

After spending time with Rudy Jaramillo in Texas, the guy still doesn't have it figured out. I wish I knew what happened to him. But he is far past being done. I can't stand watching him anymore.

Good luck Sox.

MLB ERA

I know what happened to him. He got fat and lost his bat speed.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

He got on our site and saw the crazy food concoctions thread we had a few years ago and went nuts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Or maybe he heard about the Matt Stairs Mc'Donald's diet. Too bad only Stairs is awesome enough to make that diet work for him over a career.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Or maybe he heard about the Matt Stairs Mc'Donald's diet. Too bad only Stairs is awesome enough to make that diet work for him over a career.
    Worked for Rod Beck too

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Wouldn't it be amazing to see Druw come back strong and lift the ChiSox to a new plateau. Comeback player of the year next season? I just miss seeing this guy grin when he gets into the batter's box, and his gold glove caliber defense. Come on Jonezie!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If he did, that would be quite a story as I think most have written him off by now. Has anyone heard any agent hype stories about his diet/workout routine for the offseason?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There won't be any comeback. The guy was a 50 homerun hitting gold glove CF. Now he's a journeyman designated hitter. He's done. He'll never be relevant again, he can only stare at Hall of Fame plaques and wonder, jee, if I didn't become so overly greedy and lazy, I could have been up there with my own plaque. He would have been remembered as one of the better centerfielders in the history of the game. He could have actually won a championship with LA, if he hadn't eroded to the point that Jamey Carroll would make more money than him.

No one should have sympathy for him, or think he's going to make it back. He doesn't deserve it.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Don't look now, but Jones is hitting .357/.471/.500 (.971 OPS) this spring. Oh wait nevermind, just 14 ABs. But still, not as bad as expected.

I wonder how the glove is coming around. Or if he even brought one with him. Does anyone see a spot in this lineup for Andruw?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast