Jenks takes exception to weight criticism | whitesox.com: News

The hard-throwing right-hander would like to remain as the closer on the South Side of Chicago for the 2010 season and a number of seasons beyond. With the White Sox holding control over the arbitration-eligible Jenks, there's a strong possibility he will begin his fifth full campaign as the South Siders' last line of pitching defense.

But here is where this familiar tune goes a bit off-key.

Jenks is not a happy man, and it has nothing to do with another offseason beginning with trade rumors. Instead, during a weekend chat with MLB.com, Jenks took umbrage with the White Sox once again calling out his conditioning at the end of the 2009 season.

"I've done everything I can do, I've done everything that is physically possible, to make myself in better shape this year," said Jenks. "Where the years previously I didn't lose weight in-season, I didn't want my weight issue to be a factor as to why I had an off season."
The writer also speculated that it would take a really strong package for the White Sox to trade him (in fan submitted question section). I think he'll be there when the season starts.