Thread: White Sox For Sale

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox White Sox For Sale

Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times reported that the White Sox could trade Jermaine Dye, Octavio Dotel and maybe even Bobby Jenks prior to the trade deadline.
    The White Sox were 27-33 and 6 1/2 games out of first place in the AL Central heading into play on Thursday. If Chicago continues to slide-- the club is 2-8 in its last 10 games-- then changes will be made by an aggressive general manager. "Hard decisions always have to be made, but very clearly, we are in a transitional phase and if this team doesn't pick it up at some point, I'm going to have to do some things that maybe aren't the most popular, but in the best interest of the club," GM Kenny Williams said.
    6.5 games out in that division is not enough of a deficit to give up on the season. That division is wide open and will come down to the wire just as it did last season. Jenks could probably get the most players because he's cheap and can help a lot of teams in the closer role. Dye would do the most damage for a team since he is an everyday player with power but he s more costly. Interesting to see how Kenny Williams plays this.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: White Sox For Sale

Bleh, I thought this was about Jerry Reinsdorf selling the team. But no, they're not going to trade Jenks, who is two years away from free agency. They're going to need him next year and the year after that if they want to win.

MLB ERA

Why did you get my hopes up? I thought my team might be getting an owner not afraid to spend money, only to find that it's just about a dumb rumor from Cowley. As for the possibility of Dye, Dotel, and Jenks being traded, I think if the Sox fall out a little more and some team comes along and blows them away, just about any vet could move, but the only one of those I think is likely to move is Dotel.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I personally think the White Sox should keep everyone but if one had to go, I think it would be Dye.

MLB ERA

I'll offer $5 for the team right now.
    Seriously, the team needs a couple of younger players than Dye, Konerko and Thome, although they are still very capable players. They need to build around their young core -- Danks, Rameriz, Quentin -- and decide if they can contend with each player in the position they are now.
    They will discover which players want to win and which players are just there for the money.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon