Thread: Why Castro Hates The White Sox

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox Why Castro Hates The White Sox

Sources told the Chicago Tribune that the White Sox and Cuban defector Dayan Viciedo have agreed to terms.
    Phil Rogers reports that Viciedo will get a major league deal worth about $11 million. The 19-year-old doesn't figure to be any sort of an immediately solution to the White Sox's problems at third base, but he could start off in the high minors if he impresses during spring training.
    Last year it was Alexei Ramirez defecting to the ChiSox and now its Viciedo. I am sure Alexei had a part in Viciedo's decision. Scouts are saying he won't last long at third so who knows where he'll end up by the time he gets to the big leagues. If he turns in seasons like Ramirez just did, Kenny Williams needs to give a bonus to his Cuban scouts.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Castro Hates The White Sox

Ozzie Guillen vs. Raul Castro, steel cage match.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was in Cuba just last summer ('07) and for three days in a row, White Sox games were on Cuban television, including one with Contreras pitching. The people seemed to support him. I thought that was interesting.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Last year it was Alexei Ramirez defecting to the ChiSox and now its Viciedo. I am sure Alexei had a part in Viciedo's decision. Scouts are saying he won't last long at third so who knows where he'll end up by the time he gets to the big leagues. If he turns in seasons like Ramirez just did, Kenny Williams needs to give a bonus to his Cuban scouts.
    Hopefully the kid can be a 2B or SS, and a good one. If he pans out as well as Alexei in his first year, the White Sox would be in great shape up the middle for years to come. That said, if he's not a 3B, then there's still a rather large void in the absence of Joe Crede to be filled.

As for Cuban scouts, the Sox just had a rather large scandal involving their scouts from that region (though admittedly moreso Dominican Republic than Cuba, I doubt they have actual scouts in Cuba), some of them might be lucky to even have jobs still.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.