Thread: Not So Fast Longoria, Ramirez Is A Rookie Too

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox Not So Fast Longoria, Ramirez Is A Rookie Too

Lots of people including me have basically given the ROY award to Evan Longoria. Alexei Ramirez might have something to do with that. Ramirez has the highest BA amongst all MLB rookies and can play almost everywhere on the diamond. So far this year, Ramirez has played 2b, SS, 3b and OF. Ramirez has 15 HRs and 58 RBI to go with good defense and he too is playing for a playoff contender. Longoria has a .276 with 22 HRs and 71 RBI but has a broken wrist now and is missing significant time. Ramirez is settling into being the primary second baseman and is getting more time to shine. Both men play great defense, hit the cover off the ball and play for teams fighting for the playoffs. Longoria still has the best shot of winning the ROY but with the way Ramirez is coming along, I am not ready to just hand him the award. Keep your eye on Ramirez.

MLB ERA

White Sox Re: Not So Fast Longoria, Ramirez Is A Rookie Too

I <3 Alexei Ramirez. This guy is going to be a star once he gets adjusted to the ML game (if he hasn't already). He looks to have 30/30 potential (if he can improve at basestealing, he has all the speed in the world) with .300+ average potential and can play excellent defense pretty much anywhere (I've heard he's best at SS and CF, but that hasn't stopped him from making a few great plays at 2B). If only Alexei could draw more walks, he'd be an amazingly complete player. In Ramirez, Quentin, Danks, Floyd, Jenks, Buehrle, and (maybe) Swisher, the White Sox have a pretty solid core for the future.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.