Thread: Buehrle: Floyd may feel heat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Article Buehrle: Floyd may feel heat

Buehrle: Floyd may feel heat :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: White Sox

Mark Buehrle wasn't criticizing a teammate as much as just stating an opinion.

Asked over the weekend about fellow White Sox pitchers John Danks and Gavin Floyd being forced to grow up quickly in this playoff chase, Buehrle gave his vote of confidence to Danks while saying Floyd has to show he can be immune to the pressure that comes with the next seven weeks.

''If anything, Gavin might be a guy that's affected,'' Buehrle said. ''Danks is so laid-back, it doesn't seem like anything bothers him. Where Floyd, it seems like there's a little bit more that gets to him. A bigger situation or bigger game might get him more nervous, but Danks isn't a guy I worry about.''
    Last time I checked, Buherle hasn't been the greatest of pitchers lately. Floyd may be young but could turn out to be a solid starter.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Buehrle: Floyd may feel heat

a stupid, unnecessary quote from Buehrle that could only have a negative effect. Someone's gotta know when to shut their mouth. Even if it had harmless intent, nothing good could come of it, so shut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Re: Buehrle: Floyd may feel heat

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Buehrle: Floyd may feel heat :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: White Sox

Last time I checked, Buherle hasn't been the greatest of pitchers lately. Floyd may be young but could turn out to be a solid starter.
    Actually, other than his last start (maybe 2), he had about 10-12 straight starts where he had a combined ERA of something like 1.76. He's been part of the reason the Sox have stayed in first for so long, and if he doesn't get back to that, or something close to it (i.e. lots of quality starts), I doubt they stay there much longer.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.