Thread: One Word: Wow

MLB ERA

One Word: Wow

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

One of the oddest controversies I have seen in a while. Apparently, before a recent game, an anonymous player on the White Sox set up two nude blow up dolls in the clubhouse, with the bats of multiple players pointing at them (assumed to be in a provocative manner). Ownership and GM Kenny Williams have found this to be in extreme distaste and have already spoken against it, while Ozzie doesn't seem to see it as a big deal. I agree that it is not something that deserves to take attention off of the team itself, but at the same time, it is something that needs to be prevented. Players must understand that everything they do is scrutinized. I just don't understand how this kind of stupid action could possibly "break the team out of their slump"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: One Word: Wow

5 cents on Nick Squisher or Joe Creedy
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I got a dime on AJ Pierzynski

MLB ERA

It's sad that this is news.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

I completely agree. I don't think this is anything that should have been a big deal.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mike and Mike were making a huge deal out of this saying it was inappropriate and offended women journalists. Who ****ing cares? The clubhouse caters to the players, not the media. If they don't like it, suck it up like every working American does.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I agree and disagree with you. I agree in the fact that this whole thing is stupid. The clubhouse isn't there for the media, it's for the players. Who cares what they do in there? I don't. However, the team should have had some common sense in knowing that there was going to be a big PR deal with it being visible by the reporters. If they wanted to avoid this whole deal, they could have just put it away until the media left. But, what's done is done. Who cares, it's over. Let's move on in the world.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Floyd pitched a near no-hitter that day It works!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

It did for that one day, then they got lit up the next. You never really know what's going to happen with that team when the head coach is Ozzie Guillen. It sure is entertaining though.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    It did for that one day, then they got lit up the next. You never really know what's going to happen with that team when the head coach is Ozzie Guillen. It sure is entertaining though.
    Believe it or not, Ozzie's craziness is a positive for the White Sox, for 2 reasons: 1) It draws attention to the team and 2) It takes attention away from poor performance of the players, because who wants to talk about Paul Konerko hitting .225 when Ozzie just had an expletive laced tirade about the umps or something? Certainly not the sensationalist media.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
    Believe it or not, Ozzie's craziness is a positive for the White Sox, for 2 reasons: 1) It draws attention to the team and 2) It takes attention away from poor performance of the players, because who wants to talk about Paul Konerko hitting .225 when Ozzie just had an expletive laced tirade about the umps or something? Certainly not the sensationalist media.
    People that understand the game want to talk about the game, not about Ozzie's tirades. They make for interesting viewing (if the censors can keep up) but little else.The Sox are playing poorly, yet are close to the lead in the AL Central. What does that say about the rest of the Central?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon