Thread: Surprise start

MLB ERA

White Sox Surprise start

I'll admit, I didn't think the White Sox were going to have a good year this year, and I was one of the many who cringed at the Swisher trade that followed many misses by White Sox management this offseason. That said, the team is off to a very surprising start, sitting at 11-7 and 1st place in the AL Central. Again, I'm a skeptic. Personally, I'm waiting for the bottom to fall out and the pieces to come crashing down.

Does anyone think the White Sox have a shot to stay in the race this year?
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Surprise start

I do, especially if Thome and Konerko start hitting more consistently. I think they are going to need a starter if they plan on staying in the hunt. But so far, they have surprised me as well.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

With the slow starts from the Tigers and Indians, I think they have a shot. Not going to count them out even though I picked them to finish last. The pitching has been solid with Danks, Floyd and Vasquez. Just have to hope guys like Dye, Thome and Konerko stay healthy.

MLB ERA

Yeah, I'm really surprised with this jump start by the Sox, very impressing. But yes, actually I do think the Sox will stay in the race. The Tigers have to many question marks, they will start winning more games but they are overrated and I don't think they will take the Central. It will either be the Indians or the Sox. I must say though A.J. has impressed me the most out of anyone though, the man is on fire batting .339 with 2 HR's and 10 RBI's. The Sox are good team, they will cool down a little bit but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team in the race for the Central.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Whitesox have put together a good first month so far and it really looks impressive as the cream of the crop of this division in the Indians and Tigers have sucked big time this month. I still think the Whitesox will come down to the middle of the pack as the season goes along and the Division will be between the Indians and Tigers in the end.