Thread: Colon To Return?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Colon To Return?

Bartolo Colon has reportedly reached a preliminary agreement with the White Sox and is taking a physical.
    The White Sox are believed to have offered Colon a one-year deal with a low base salary last month. It didn't interest him at the time, but he probably couldn't do any better after a rather unimpressive showing in winter ball. Colon would compete with John Danks and Gavin Floyd for two spots in the White Sox rotation.
    Colon went 15-13 with a 3.87 ERA in 242 IP in his lone stint in Chitown back in '03. I think Colon can start the season in AAA and make it to the rotation by May. He velocity is down but he could build arm strength over that time.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Colon To Return?

apparently, an agreement hasn't been reached yet.

Daily Herald | Colon to White Sox? Williams not saying

It's all just speculation at this point and supposedly he wants to go to the NL.

MLB ERA

Colon's a bit scary, which is why I'm glad the Mets didn't sign him. He's always been overweight and injury prone, and as he gets older, those will both only get worse. Additionally, I have heard from some sources that his work ethic is not the greatest. Also, the velocity is down, and that will be very very difficult to regain. He may get up to 88-90, but he will never be that dominating Cy Young candidate ever again...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Cards and Braves should look into a guy like Colon.