Thread: Congrats Buehrle

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Congrats Buehrle

Mr. Buehrle throws a no-no tonight!!! Congrats to him!!

MLB ERA

White Sox Re: Congrats Buehrle

MLB.com

CHICAGO -- Mark Buehrle hurled the 16th no-hitter in White Sox history, coming within just one Sammy Sosa walk in the fifth inning of a perfect game, during a 6-0 victory over Texas before 25,390 at U.S. Cellular Field.
    Buehrle had a stretch of 20 straight batters retired, dating back to his start last Wednesday against Oakland, before issuing the one-out walk to Sosa. Buehrle struck out eight in becoming the first White Sox pitcher to throw a no-hitter since Wilson Alvarez did so against the Orioles on Aug. 11, 1991. Buehrle faced the minimum of 27 hitters, as he picked off Sosa after the walk.

Texas had three solid opportunities for hits against Buehrle, but not much more. Jerry Hairston Jr. was thrown out by Joe Crede leading off the third, after Crede made a diving stop on his ground ball down the line and his throw beat the sliding Hairston by a hand. Hairston disputed the call and was ejected by first base umpire James Hoye.

In the second, Hank Blalock lofted a fly ball headed toward the Texas bullpen before Jermaine Dye caught the drive leaning against the wall. Blalock had a hit taken away again with two outs in the fifth, as Tadahito Iguchi dove into the hole between first and second and threw out the Texas third baseman.

Dye also aided Buehrle's cause with the bat, launching the sixth grand slam of his career in the fifth inning. Dye battled Kevin Millwood through six foul balls on a full count, before lining the 11th pitch of the at-bat into the White Sox bullpen.

Jim Thome added two solo home runs, giving him three in two games, and raising his career total to 477. Thome now sits alone in 24th place all-time, passing Stan Musial and Willie Stargell. But Wednesday's game was all about the White Sox left-handed ace.

Buehrle's previous low-hit game was a one-hitter at home against Tampa Bay in August 2001. Freddy Garcia came within four hits of a perfect game in Anaheim last year on Sept. 13, before Adam Kennedy's single to center.
    UNBELIEVABLE! What a great performance by Buehrle tonight!
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

Re: Congrats Buehrle

Only if he didn't give up the walk to Sosa. I heard about it while watching the Braves game. Great job to Buehrle.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Congrats Buehrle

If you are going to walk someone, it can't be Mr. Strikeout himself. Hey, I think Buehrle is going to rebound nicely this year and show that last year was a fluke and just a bad season. He is tooo talented not to be good!

Wow!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

Great performance by Buehrle!!!! Good job!

MLB ERA

White Sox Re: Congrats Buehrle

If anyone happens to be living in the Chicagoland area (aka gets CSN Chicago) and would like to see a piece of MLB history, Comcast Sports Net is replaying the game at 11:30, or in about 10 minutes.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

AAA ERA

No! no-no-no-no-no! Goal! Asdf
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA

Nice job!! I was flipping thru games and didn't realize he had a no-hitter going.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Congrats Buehrle

I have always enjoyed Buehrle pitch. Not a Sox fan, but the wife is and we get to one or two games a year to watch them. Next to Podsednik (ex-Brewer), Buehrle may very well be my next favorite Sox player!

MLB ERA

Congrats Buehrle maybe after this year you will be in pinstripes!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

My old boss is a WSox fan. I'm sure he was pleased with his performance.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."