Thread: Garcia for Floyd

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Garcia for Floyd

The Phillies and White Sox made a trade. Freddy Garcia for Gavin Floyd. I like this trade for the Sox. Floyd is younger and according to experts and the Phillies is a promising pitcher! Plus the Sox get another player to be named, probably Gio Gonzalez. Not only that, but they free up $$$ and get younger. I hate to admit it, but nice move by the Sox! My wife will be happy, she loves the White Sox!

MLB ERA
    Source? WOW! Nice trade for the ChiSox...

AA ERA
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    And Gio Gonzalez is good too. Great deal for Chicago.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Yeah that is what I thoought. I guess that Gillick is taking his chances with a win now thought, especially with the strong finish the Phillies had last year. I still say the White SOx got the better end of this deal. At least on paper. Nice job Kenny Williams. I have a strange feeling that the Sox are going to rebound this season, of that is possible after winning 90 games. It is going to be a competitive year, that is for sure.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Love this deal for Chicago. I never really liked Freddy A. Garcia and I like Gavin Floyd's stuff.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Garcia is good, but I agree with you about Floyd. Glad he will be in your league now and not ours! Have Fun!

AA ERA
    Definately a solid deal for Chicago, not to mention they also rid themselves of the remainder of Garcia's contract.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

White Sox

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    And Gio Gonzalez is good too. Great deal for Chicago.
    Funny you should say that. Think you could convince about a few hundred Sox fans of this? Most Sox fans seem to hate this deal. I like it, because the Sox 1) dumped $10 million, 2) Got a 23 YO starter with filthy stuff who is ready for the show, and 3) Got a 21 YO lefty starter with great potential. If Gavin Floyd even COMES CLOSE to his potential, the Sox make out like bandits in this deal.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    AMEN!! I am still stunned by Gillick's thought process here, but advantage White Sox.

MLB ERA
    Gavin Floyd isn't going to come close to his potential at all, though. He lost velocity and he flat out sucks now.

Gio Gonzalez is pretty nice but stunk at AA last year and has some proving and building to do.

Garcia... who the hell knows what he's going to do.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    why in the world wouold a team trade for a guy that has lost velocity or whatever, etc. If they really thought that, then why would they let Freddy go so cheaply then? Come on, now! I am not even a Sox fan. But, I find it hard to believe that the Sox would do that without a physical and/or watching him pitch.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Terrible trade for both teams. I think the Phillies might actually come out on top. of this one though. I agree with everything McKain said.