Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey dam8610

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hey dam8610

hey

what happened you gave up on your White Soxs!. The champs from last season turned out to be chumps this season. Remember when the Twins were 13 games back and you were doing alot of talking?! Looks like we can still win it the divison. Detroit is in a mid season collapse.

Just wanted to see what you have to say.

Go Twins! Magic number 3!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I'm a Twins' fan as well and will not give the White Sox any grief. Their team lacked focus at critical times this season, but they still may finish with a better record than the winning team in the AL West. Give them credit for having a good season.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    but they still may finish with a better record than the winning team in the AL West.
    I doubt it. The A's are only 1 game behind the Twins and are up by 4 over the White Sox with only 7 games left for the Sox...so no, they won't have a better record than the A's, but the A's may have a better record than your precious Twins.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    hey

what happened you gave up on your White Soxs!. The champs from last season turned out to be chumps this season. Remember when the Twins were 13 games back and you were doing alot of talking?! Looks like we can still win it the divison. Detroit is in a mid season collapse.

Just wanted to see what you have to say.

Go Twins! Magic number 3!!
    They played like crap for two months. Oh well. It's not like the Twins ever do anything in the playoffs anyway, so I'll just enjoy my ring and watch the Yankees get to the World Series.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You should be burned at a stake for taking the yankee bus.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    You should be burned at a stake for taking the yankee bus.
    I hate the Yankees, but at this point, they're the least of all evils in the AL. I DESPISE the Twins, so there's no chance I would ever want them to win a damn thing. I don't want a champion from the AL Central, so there goes the Tigers. Anything that makes Billy Beane look good is a bad thing for me, so that eliminates the A's. The Yankees buy good teams. Out of the four options, that's the least evil as far as I'm concerned. I'm rooting for the NL in the series no matter what team from the AL gets there though.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Awww dam we are alittle upset here. Win or lose in the playoffs I am happy. I do think we will play the A's because I see us passing the Tigers!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    The Tigers have already clinched so the Twins can't pass them. If you beat the Twins beat the Yankees and the A's beat the Tigers, then they'd play the A's.

Why would the A's winning be a bad thing? They'll easily have the lowest payroll of all the playoff teams. How can you root against that? Rooting for the Yankees is the easiest thing to do, but also the least respectable (for a person who is not a Yankees fan to begin with).

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Awww dam we are alittle upset here. Win or lose in the playoffs I am happy. I do think we will play the A's because I see us passing the Tigers!
    Not really. So you're going to be happy when the Yankees sweep your beloved Twins out of the playoffs? Good to know you settle for slightly above mediocrity. I prefer greatness, but I guess that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    The Tigers have already clinched so the Twins can't pass them. If you beat the Twins beat the Yankees and the A's beat the Tigers, then they'd play the A's.
    Actually, they only clinched a playoff spot. The Twins can still pass them, but hopefully at the very least the Sox can make the Twins play the Yankees in the last series of the season

Why would the A's winning be a bad thing? They'll easily have the lowest payroll of all the playoff teams. How can you root against that?
    Because I hate the fact that Billy Beane is hailed as this baseball genius when he's simply building around pitching, which you or I could do. If the A's win the World Series, the "Beane is a genius" talk will never end. That's the one thing he doesn't have, and the one thing that makes the media back off of him. I hope the year after Beane leaves, the A's win the series after never winning it under him. That would just be hilarious.

Rooting for the Yankees is the easiest thing to do, but also the least respectable (for a person who is not a Yankees fan to begin with).
    Let's get one thing clear: I'm rooting for the NL in the series. The Yankees are simply the least evil option in the AL from my perspective. That's why I want them to win the AL and lose in the series.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    Your White Sox were basically built around pitching so I guess they don't deserve any credit either. The A's are built around pitching and defense. If it were so easy, then every team would do that. I think you just discredit Beane because of what he said about Williams. The Red Sox basically used the same ideas as Beane had when they won in 2004, too. The NL is weak and won't win so go ahead and root for the Yankees.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Beane ever wins a series.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Your White Sox were basically built around pitching so I guess they don't deserve any credit either. The A's are built around pitching and defense. If it were so easy, then every team would do that. I think you just discredit Beane because of what he said about Williams. The Red Sox basically used the same ideas as Beane had when they won in 2004, too. The NL is weak and won't win so go ahead and root for the Yankees.
    When did I say that the White Sox weren't built around pitching? All I'm saying is it doesn't make you a revolutionary genius to build around pitching, and that's basically what Beane has done, and he's gotten that kind of credit. The ring says that Beane was wrong about Kenny, so there's no hard feelings left there. I'm just saying that Beane isn't this revolutionary genius people want to make him out to be, and if the A's win the series, he'll receive even more praise than ever before.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    His philosophy is about more than just pitching. Seeing as how you're not even a fan, you're discrediting without even knowing all the facts, but whatever...that's your choice, but your opinion is based more on personal feelings as opposed to fact.

MLB ERA
    I would either want the Twins or the Tigers to win the Series. Only because they haven't had a shot in a very long time. I would like to see the Yankees go down in the 1st round.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    His philosophy is about more than just pitching. Seeing as how you're not even a fan, you're discrediting without even knowing all the facts, but whatever...that's your choice, but your opinion is based more on personal feelings as opposed to fact.
    Yeah, I know, he goes out and gets players who possess undervalued qualities at a lower price, and this supposedly builds a good offense while maintaining a low payroll. If the A's didn't have the Hudson, Mulder, and Zito at the time of all those things coming out, Beane would have been an afterthought. Pitching is how that team succeeded, not his version of shopping on pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    I would either want the Twins or the Tigers to win the Series. Only because they haven't had a shot in a very long time. I would like to see the Yankees go down in the 1st round.
    I hate both of those teams though. It's like me saying "I want the Mets or Phillies to get to the World Series because (insert reason here)". I'm sure you don't want to see either of those teams get there.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast