Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey dam8610

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    but the A's didn't have Hudson and Mulder last year or this year and they've still challenged for the playoffs.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    but the A's didn't have Hudson and Mulder last year or this year and they've still challenged for the playoffs.
    A) They're not as good as the A's teams that people raved over Beane for
    B) They're still built around pitching
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    A) this team has as good of a shot to win a World Series as those teams
    B) they're built around pitching and defense
    C) this team has greater depth than any of those teams as they've used the DL more times (over 15) and they've also used the DL more times than the Red Sox (who fell apart) and the Yankees with a lot smaller of a payroll.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Dam

what in the hell are you talking about? The Greatness comment. Lets see you had your pitching just about the ENTIRE season with no injuries! Twin lost Radke, the best young starting pitcher in the game Loriano, just to name two sp. Twins can play with any of the playoff teams. Yankees would be the only challenge I see. That is why I want home field round 1 and then Detroit beat the Yankees, we should get by the A's.

Greatness is a team that makes the playoffs. 2006 chokers of the year must be the Chicago White Suxs!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

How can you not spell your best pitching prospect and someone whom you apparently (rightfully) drool over's name? LIRIANO!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    IMO the White Sox played well, they just were suspect to poor pitching performances from plaers who I believe performed above their actual talent last year. But they raked, which I did not expect, so they deserve credit.

And as far as the Yankees, Abreu, Jeter, Cano and Damon are raking right now, there's next to no way the Twins knock us out in the first round. After all, their staff is quite possibly the weakest in the playoffs going up against the best hitting. That doesn't project positively.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    A) this team has as good of a shot to win a World Series as those teams
    B) they're built around pitching and defense
    C) this team has greater depth than any of those teams as they've used the DL more times (over 15) and they've also used the DL more times than the Red Sox (who fell apart) and the Yankees with a lot smaller of a payroll.
    When did I say the A's aren't a good team? You're agreeing with me, yet you feel the need to argue. All I'm saying is Beane is not the genius everyone makes him out to be because his style is run of the mill, not revolutionary. That's why I don't want the A's to win the series, because that guy already gets too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Dam

what in the hell are you talking about? The Greatness comment. Lets see you had your pitching just about the ENTIRE season with no injuries! Twin lost Radke, the best young starting pitcher in the game Loriano, just to name two sp. Twins can play with any of the playoff teams. Yankees would be the only challenge I see. That is why I want home field round 1 and then Detroit beat the Yankees, we should get by the A's.

Greatness is a team that makes the playoffs. 2006 chokers of the year must be the Chicago White Suxs!
    You said you'd be happy with playoffs, win or lose. I wouldn't be happy with a losing playoff effort, but that's just me I guess. Greatness is not making the playoffs. That's slightly above mediocrity. Greatness is winning championships, you know, like my team did, and your team has failed to do in their mini run of playoff appearences.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    IMO the White Sox played well, they just were suspect to poor pitching performances from plaers who I believe performed above their actual talent last year. But they raked, which I did not expect, so they deserve credit.
    FOUR starters had to pitch WELL BELOW their career means for this to happen, and the other one, Contreras, didn't have good career means to begin with, but still outperformed them. Buerhle had BY FAR the worst year of his career, and basically fell apart starting right before the break. I don't think we'll EVER see that Mark Buerhle again after this season. He's NEVER been this bad. I think one of the main underachievers (Garcia and Vazquez) will be on their way out to make room for McCarthy.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

IMO... other than the starters not being as dominate this year. I feel Ozzie was a big distraction for the team and the Sox got away from the style of baseball that got them the championship in '05. They went back to slugging the ball out of the ballpark and they lived and died by that too much this year. They got away from the fundamentals too much also. But that is just my opinion.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    IMO... other than the starters not being as dominate this year. I feel Ozzie was a big distraction for the team and the Sox got away from the style of baseball that got them the championship in '05. They went back to slugging the ball out of the ballpark and they lived and died by that too much this year. They got away from the fundamentals too much also. But that is just my opinion.
    It's really all about the starting pitching. They were all dominant last year, and they were all mediocre this year. After that though, the biggest reason for the fade this year was the bullpen, which also faded from last year's great performance. The offense and the lack of manufactured runs was big in some games, but not nearly as big as the inability of the pitching to hold a lead. In 2005, if the White Sox had a 1 run lead, they were winning that game. In 2006, if the White Sox had a 1 run lead, you better hope like hell the other team doesn't get a baserunner if you're a Sox fan, because a baserunner was as good as a run quite a few times.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Oh is poor little Damo upset?

Shall we give him a tissue?

Poor baby!

BTW, your Bears did nothing impressive against the Vikings on Sunday. I do find it funny that Bears fans were delusional about this win. Bears did shit in this game. The better team lost. If the Bears struggle to beat the Vikings, how good are they. I can come up 4 NFC teams that are better than the Chicago Bears. When the season is over, Vikings will win the NFC North.

If the White Sox had Terry Bevington, White Sox would have held a dynasty. The guy was a graet manager. After all, he is the only White Sox manager that beat the Twins consistently.

I thought slaves were treated nicely by white owners back then compared to Bevington who were treate worse than slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    I DESPISE the Twins, so there's no chance I would ever want them to win a damn thing. .
    I hope you hate the state of Minnesota.
    I hope you hate the people over there.
    I hope you hate the Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves, and Gophers.

I hope you hate the same feeling with MN Sports Teams like I do with Chicago. I can't stand the Cubs, White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, and the Illini (Good choke job against UNC). It wouldn't sadden me if the city of Chicago blew up one day.

I do get a kick out of Chicago sports fans hating everything about Minnesota. Then again, who can blame em when Minnesota sports teams always dominate.

Just remember Minnesota is always superior to Chicago

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mario...-jay26.article

My mentor and my best friend, Jay Mariotti says what mntwinsfan have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    You said you'd be happy with playoffs, win or lose. I wouldn't be happy with a losing playoff effort, but that's just me I guess. Greatness is not making the playoffs. That's slightly above mediocrity. Greatness is winning championships, you know, like my team did, and your team has failed to do in their mini run of playoff appearences.
    When you have one of the highest payroll teams in baseball, it's easy to be smug. I did not think the Twins were a playoff team this year so I won't be upset. I think next year will be our year.

MLB ERA
    if Beane's style is so "run-of-the-mill" and easy, then how come every team isn't doing it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast