Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins vs. White Sox 8/25-8/27

[quote=Dam8610 By the way, like it or not, the White Sox are still up on your beloved Twinkies.[/quote]

Yeah by a half-game.

Do me a favor and come up with something new. Stop mentioning with the same old stuff that you have posted this afternoon. It makes you look much stupider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Now you're going back to 2001? The roster turnover since then for the Sox is ridiculous. There are at most 5 players on the 2006 White Sox that were on the 2001 squad. By the way, like it or not, the White Sox are still up on your beloved Twinkies.
    Even with the changes, the Twins have owned the Sux. Just remember 7-6 this season. If they were that good, they would only lost two games this season.

I am mentioning 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and now 2006.

2005 is an abreviation considering the Twins had injuries so that does not count.

BTW, I think General Sherman should have focused on burning the city of Chicago rather than burning up Atlanta.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    If you really thought Pohlad really wanted to contract his team, then you are really stupid. It was a ploy to get Minnesotans to pay up for the new stadium and it worked, didn't it. There is no way contraction is going to happen. The players union was never going to stand for it. I would have done the same thing if I was his shoes.
    Sure, believe whatever the Twins PR department tells you. That says a lot about just how "intelligent" you are.

Slap hitters? I guess it's an insult that the Twins don't have much talent. All I know is they have done good enough to earn the respect of Guillen. It's good to see that you really think the Twins have no talent. All I know is this talentless team is about to lead in the wild-card race starting this weekend.
    If you think the term "slap hitter" is an insult, you either don't understand the term or are just plain stupid. Slap hitters are hitters that hit for high averages, but don't get a lot of home runs, and get most of their doubles and triples out of their speed rather than their bat. Again with you assuming that I'm saying the Twins have no talent. It really shows just how insecure you are in your team.

Keep thinking about the past. You do that while I worry about the present. If the Twins can't get it done when it counts, how come they are only half-game behind. They have been doing this for the last few months. You don't this by getting lucky. Go get yourself a clue.
    If the Twins get it done when it counts, why don't they have a ring? If you'd paid attention last year, you'd know that this isn't the first time the White Sox have faced a hard charge by a team that was left for dead by the media. All they did then was sweep that team and keep them out of the playoffs.

Morneau has like 32 HRs and 105 RBIs. That's pretty damn good and that's a fact. He is as deserving as the guys that you mentioned. I find it sad that you think most Twins are not good enough to be in the majors. BTW, I am glad Mauer is not playing in a trailor trash city. I am so glad we picked him over that stiff, Prior who did not want to be in Minesota. Say when he is pitching.
    Again you show your insecurity in your team. I never said the Twins don't have major league talent. You simply have projected your insecurities onto me yet again. Please stop doing that. Morneau is not as deserving as any of the 5 I mentioned, because all 5 have better numbers, and have been bigger contributors to their team. Say all you want about Morneau, you and I both know that the Twins will have to ride the arm of Santana if they want a shot at the playoffs. As for Prior, is he on the White Sox? Why would I care about the Cubs? Are you really that ignorant of anything not Twins related that you don't know that White Sox fans hate the Cubs, and vice versa?

BTW, why is it the White Sox and their fans don't consider a Twins a rival? That's pretty funny since the Twins have owned them since 2001.
    The answer is because you're an ignorant fool that allows himself to be insulted very easily.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Even with the changes, the Twins have owned the Sux. Just remember 7-6 this season. If they were that good, they would only lost two games this season.

I am mentioning 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and now 2006.

2005 is an abreviation considering the Twins had injuries so that does not count.
    So now you're saying that your team really only deserved to win 2 games this season against the White Sox? Wow. You're really showing just how confident you are in your team.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    Yeah by a half-game.

Do me a favor and come up with something new. Stop mentioning with the same old stuff that you have posted this afternoon. It makes you look much stupider.
    Facts make me look stupid? That makes sense. By the way, "stupider" isn't a word, Einstein.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Twins rode the arm of Santana last year and it resulted to nothing. You also need offense to win games which is why the White Sox did well last year. That's where Morneau comes to play. Twins need him to produce to even win games. The real reason why the Twins have a winning record against Chicago was because of Morneau's contributiosn not the "little prinhas" or Santana's dominance.

I am not beliving based on the Twins PR Department. I learned this stuff in Business 101. A owner will do something drastic to con the state goverment and taxpayers to build a new stadium. You don't need to be a business major to know that. Just remember Reinsdorf did the exact same thing when he threatened to move your team to Tampa-St. Pete, which should have happened since Chicago is a Cubs town.

When you have a big payroll like the White Sox, you should win it all period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    So now you're saying that your team really only deserved to win 2 games this season against the White Sox? Wow. You're really showing just how confident you are in your team.
    No it's a fact. Detroit, Boston, NY, Anaheim, and Oakland have dominated us all season. White Sox are better than the Twins in terms of personnel on paper. Bottom line is that team has weakness with their starting pitching and their role players like Iguchi and Podsednik overachieved last year. Now you are seeing for what they are. Them the facts.

MLB ERA
    Twins rode the arm of Santana last year and it resulted to nothing. You also need offense to win games which is why the White Sox did well last year. That's where Morneau comes to play. Twins need him to produce to even win games. The real reason why the Twins have a winning record against Chicago was because of Morneau's contributiosn not the "little prinhas" or Santana's dominance.
    Please. If you really believe that, you don't even know that much about your own team.

I am not beliving based on the Twins PR Department. I learned this stuff in Business 101. A owner will do something drastic to con the state goverment and taxpayers to build a new stadium. You don't need to be a business major. Just remember Reinsdorf did the exact same thing when he threatened to move your team to Tampa-St. Pete, which should have happened since Chicago is a Cubs town.
    Reinsdorf never threatened contraction. Remember, MLB was behind that plan until the Twins and Marlins had some success.

When you have a big payroll like the White Sox, you should win it all period.
    You really don't get it, do you? Let me spell it out for you: THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX DID NOT HAVE A BIG PAYROLL UNTIL 2006. THE REASON THEY HAVE A BIG PAYROLL IN 2006 IS BECAUSE THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BROUGHT IN ABOUT $20 MILLION IN EXTRA REVENUE. Maybe if your team wins a title, you'll know what it's like, though with that team, I doubt it happens.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    No it's a fact. Detroit, Boston, NY, Anaheim, and Oakland have dominated us all season. White Sox are better than the Twins in terms of personnel on paper. Bottom line is that team has weakness with their starting pitching and their role players like Iguchi and Podsednik overachieved last year. Now you are seeing for what they are. Them the facts.
    Well, I'm glad that you finally admitted that you think the Twins are inferior. Thank you for not projecting those insecurities onto me anymore. As for weakness in the starting pitching, only Contreras and Garland were well below their career means in 2005, and they're both doing it again in 2006. Iguchi is having a better year than he did in 2005. The only one you're correct about is Podsednik, who batted about 30 points higher last year, but that's been more than made up for by the improvements of Dye, Crede, Pierzynski, and the addition of Thome to shore up the DH spot. Those are the facts.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    hey dam shut u[ already. All you do is say look at the ring! BIG deal we have won 2 in the past 20 years you have one ONLY 1! Facts are that your sox have not beat up on the Twins. We have one a game more so far this season. Also this weekend series will show just how bad you SUXS are!

REMEMBER how you said that you would beat santana! DID THAT HAPPEN?!! HELL NO! Get a clue Twins are a better team! The last 68 games we are 49 -19! How good is that!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I am not a fan of either team, but I am really looking forward to this series.. It should be fun!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    hey dam shut u[ already. All you do is say look at the ring! BIG deal we have won 2 in the past 20 years you have one ONLY 1! Facts are that your sox have not beat up on the Twins. We have one a game more so far this season. Also this weekend series will show just how bad you SUXS are!

REMEMBER how you said that you would beat santana! DID THAT HAPPEN?!! HELL NO! Get a clue Twins are a better team! The last 68 games we are 49 -19! How good is that!
    Tell me, how many of the 1991 Twins are on the 2006 Twins roster? How many of the 1987 Twins are on the 2006 Twins roster? 0? That's what I thought. How many of the 2005 White Sox are on the 2006 White Sox roster? 15, and that's if you don't count Brian Anderson, who was on the team before September callups for a short stint last season. That's why the 2 titles the Twins have in the last 20 years hold almost no relevance in comparison to the title the White Sox won last year when talking about what will happen this year.

I don't remember saying that the White Sox would beat Santana, and I don't appreciate your misquoting of me, although I'm sure you're only taking cues from your partner in stupidity, Timberwolf. If you actually think I said that, quote the post where I said it. So your team made a run. Congratulations. Guess what? The Indians made a run last year too. How much good did it do them?

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    nice outing by contreras

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123