Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins vs. White Sox 8/25-8/27

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    TIMBERWOLF

I like you. Keep those white suxs fans in check. Good to see another Twins fan around! After the weekend series the Twins will be in the wildcard lead and the SUXS will be 2 1/2 games back.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    How true. They win a world series and they think there the best team in baseball. They still have a hard time beating the Tigers.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

They have a hard time beating the Twins.

They are 7-6. I would be embrassed.

White Sox should have won at least 12 games this season IMO. Twins have lost to great teams all season so I would be embarassed that my team went 7-6 against a team that has role players at best, which is why Morneau should be the MVP.

MLB ERA
    I have said the same thing on Morneau. Dam thinks Dye should win it how? Morneau has more RBI and Batting Average I believe. What else do you want dam a mvp title on a silver plate?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Who the hell cares about last year? It's about this year. Great they won it all. Big whoop. You are the one that sounds insecure and like a little child talking about last year. ***** Sox don't make the playoffs if their pitching is not good period which is one of the reasons why they are not a lock to make the playoffs. If you ask me, too many things went right last year. Role players have career years and everyone looked great. They couldn't have kept it up and now it looks like I am right.
    I'm talking about recent playoff appearances there. In the White Sox most recent appearance in the playoffs, they stepped up and got the job done. In the Twins most recent playoff appearances, they've gone one series and out. I'm insecure? That's rich. To be honest, while I'd like to repeat, that would just be icing on the cake of last year's World Championship. I really could care less if they don't make the playoffs for the next 10 years. Why? Because they've accomplished the goal I wanted to see. For someone who is secure in their team, you sure don't show it, talking about how other people picked the Twins to be in last place, and how the Twins don't have major league talent, then projecting all that onto me, none of which I ever said might I add. As for the Champs' pitching, three starters are currently worse than their career means, so to say the pitching is "not good" is pretty ridiculous. If you look through the history of teams that play deep into the postseason, you'll see that their starting pitching tends to have off years the next year. I guess you wouldn't know that though, having never seen your team deep in the postseason.

Go mock Bat-Girl all you right, but at least she is a successful novelist and she lives in Minnesota while you live in trailor trash park and you probably working at McDonald's.
    I didn't mock Minnesota's favorite everlasting period, I simply stated a fact. Just because your life took a turn for the worse doesn't mean everyone is the same as you. We all don't work at McDonald's and come home to a trailer. I'm surprised you can afford an internet connection at minimum wage though.

I would like to think with one of the biggest payrolls in baseball and playing in a big market, a team like Chicago should win the World Series.
    So, you know absolutely nothing about the White Sox then? The White Sox didn't have a big payroll in 2005. The only reason they do now is because winning a World Championship brought in about $20 million more than the team had brought in the previous year, and the White Sox ownership actually spends money on the team, unlike the Twins owner, who pockets the cash and wanted to see the team contracted as recently as 2002.

BTW, who is going to QB for the Bears this season. Either way, I am not ever nervous since the Vikings will clean up the Bears clock.
    Who said I cared about the Bears? The Bears will probably destroy the Vikings, but I wouldn't care what happened either way.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    You are freaking hypocrite, aren't you. You go talk about last year yet you rip a poster for mentioning what happened 1991. You really are not qualified for a MENSA Expert.
    You're a total moron. Do you actually believe that any of the same players on the 1991 Twins or White Sox are on the rosters today? If you do, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    Actually, it was two ALDS. Twins beat Oakland in 5 games in 2003. They lost to the Angels in the ALCS.

As for your other comments, you are a liar and you know that.
    Wow, that's a HUGE difference

My other comments are simplying saying what I see in your comments. You seem very insecure about your team.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

If you think Buherle, Vazquez, and Garcia are all of sudden going to turn around, then you are much dumber than I thought.

Carl Pholad makes zero money at the Metrodome which is why he asked for a new stadium. Twins have lost money every year which is why they have to release players. As long as they are at that dump, they are going to lose players. I expect Nathan, Santana, and maybe Liriano to be gone in a few years since the Twins don't have the revenue to afford them as long as they are at the Dome. Also the Twins have one of the worst TV contracts in America while the White Sox have their own network on Comcast SportsNet.

You keep talking about the past, while I worry about the present and the future.

I read what Dam had to say about Morneau. I read where he is not even the best player on his own team and that he is the tenth best player in the league. Talk about a guy who has no clue what the Twins are. I guess Morneau will show him this weekend.

MLB ERA
    Thanks for the compliments.

I troll a lot at WhiteSoxInteractive.com. I am famous over there. Check out this gem:
    http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...ad.php?t=77478

The fact those people talk about me is a compliment.

Chicago sports fans have hard time dealing with reality. They are the dumbest Neanderthals out there. You couldn't pay me to live in a shithole like Chicago.
    White Sox Interactive? I won't post there. I think that says about all that needs to be said about that dump. Chicago sports fans have a hard time dealing with reality? Really? Here's two realities I have no problem with:

1) The White Sox are the defending World Champions
    2) The White Sox are still ahead of your beloved Twinkies

Neither of those realities will be changing any time soon.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Wow, that's a HUGE difference .
    As a Twins fan, I got a problem with you getting your facts wrong. You go rip mntwinsfan for not knowing baseball yet you go make a dumb statement like that so I am going to call you out. You make it real easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    2) The White Sox are still ahead of your beloved Twinkies.
    Yeah, by a half-game. Yippee!

***** Sox should have blown the Twins out of the water by now IMO and there is no way they should be 7-6 against them. It's all going to be over this weekend.

Here's another reality. Twins have cleaned up the Sux since 2001.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    I have said the same thing on Morneau. Dam thinks Dye should win it how? Morneau has more RBI and Batting Average I believe. What else do you want dam a mvp title on a silver plate?
    Wow. Dye has a .325 average (better than Morneau's) and 6 more HRs. the only reason he doesn't have more RBIs is because he has hit behind two power hitters all year, and thus hasn't had as many RBI oppurtunities as Morneau, who has hit behind slap hitters all year.

If you think Buherle, Vazquez, and Garcia are all of sudden going to turn around, then you are much dumber than I thought.
    Yeah, I'm "dumb" because I have an opinion backed up by historical data.

Carl Pholad makes zero money at the Metrodome which is why he asked for a new stadium. Twins have lost money every year which is why they have to release players. As long as they are at that dump, they are going to lose players. I expect Nathan, Santana, and maybe Liriano to be gone in a few years since the Twins don't have the revenue to afford them as long as they are at the Dome. Also the Twins have one of the worst TV contracts in America while the White Sox have their own network on Comcast SportsNet.
    Did you not understand what I said? Pohlad wanted the Twins CONTRACTED as recently as 2002. Since then, things have changed, but that says something about just how great your ownership is. By the way, Comcast is co-owned by every sports team in Chicago. The proof of the can be found in the Tribune (which owns the Cubs) having its own show on the network.

You keep talking about the past, while I worry about the present and the future.
    I'm talking about what happened last October showing that the players that play for the White Sox today get the job done when they need to, whereas the players on the Twins today have shown thrice over that they can't get the job done when it counts.

I read what Dam had to say about Morneau. I read where he is not even the best player on his own team and that he is the tenth best player in the league. Talk about a guy who has no clue what the Twins are. I guess Morneau will show him this weekend.
    So now you're attributing the comments of others to me. All I said was that he's not a top 5 MVP candidate, and the fact that David Ortiz, Travis Hafner, Jermaine Dye, Manny Ramirez, and Jim Thome are in the AL backs that up.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    As a Twins fan, I got a problem with you getting your facts wrong. You go rip mntwinsfan for not knowing baseball yet you go make a dumb statement like that so I am going to call you out. You make it real easy.
    Excuse the hell out of me for not knowing that the Twins had been eliminated one series later than usual in one of their three playoff exits. The only reason for that, however, is that they ran into the only team that has had more recent playoff futility than the Twins in the A's in one of their eventual playoff exits.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    Yeah, by a half-game. Yippee!

***** Sox should have blown the Twins out of the water by now IMO and there is no way they should be 7-6 against them. It's all going to be over this weekend.

Here's another reality. Twins have cleaned up the Sux since 2001.
    Now you're going back to 2001? The roster turnover since then for the Sox is ridiculous. There are at most 5 players on the 2006 White Sox that were on the 2001 squad. By the way, like it or not, the White Sox are still up on your beloved Twinkies.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

If you really thought Pohlad really wanted to contract his team, then you are really stupid. It was a ploy to get Minnesotans to pay up for the new stadium and it worked, didn't it. There is no way contraction is going to happen. The players union was never going to stand for it. I would have done the same thing if I was his shoes.

Slap hitters? I guess it's an insult that the Twins don't have much talent. All I know is they have done good enough to earn the respect of Guillen. It's good to see that you really think the Twins have no talent. All I know is this talentless team is about to lead in the wild-card race starting this weekend.

Keep thinking about the past. You do that while I worry about the present. If the Twins can't get it done when it counts, how come they are only half-game behind. They have been doing this for the last few months. You don't this by getting lucky. Go get yourself a clue.

Morneau has like 32 HRs and 105 RBIs. That's pretty damn good and that's a fact. He is as deserving as the guys that you mentioned. I find it sad that you think most Twins are not good enough to be in the majors. BTW, I am glad Mauer is not playing in a trailor trash city. I am so glad we picked him over that stiff, Prior who did not want to be in Minesota. Say when he is pitching.

BTW, why is it the White Sox and their fans don't consider a Twins a rival? That's pretty funny since the Twins have owned them since 2001.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast