Thread: Mark Buehrle fined by Kenny Williams wtf lol?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mark Buehrle fined by Kenny Williams wtf lol?

As has become his trademark, Chicago starter Mark Buehrle slid on the tarp during a rain delay on Sunday, getting a running start before sliding on the wet surface. White Sox general manager Ken Williams has told Buehrle in the past not to do that, and finally decided on Sunday to fine Buehrle. "As I've told him twice before, he needs to find another hobby," Williams told the Chicago Tribune. "This one puts his career and his team's chances in jeopardy. He can appeal his case to me [Monday]. I don't want his money, I want his health."

MLB ERA

White Sox

Worst. Fine. EVER! He's been doing this for 4 years now, hasn't missed any time because of it, and entertained the fans during rain delays. I can understand them not wanting him to do it in the first place, but why didn't they stop him 4 years ago if they were against it?
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    even i find this lame. let the man have his fun. who ever got hurt playing slip and slide?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I saw video footage of this on PTI today, heh. He was sliding head first (Superman style), not feet first like I thought. Who knows, if he breaks his wrist doing this, they would look awfully stupid. I'm cool if he does it feet first though.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Worst. Fine. EVER! He's been doing this for 4 years now, hasn't missed any time because of it, and entertained the fans during rain delays. I can understand them not wanting him to do it in the first place, but why didn't they stop him 4 years ago if they were against it?
    Williams said he's told him twice before.

And you know what that means.

... Buehrle's already got two black eyes.

AA ERA
    I can't believe Buerhle would break such a rule! I say that he should be traded immediately to Boston
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett