Thread: Guzman on DL

Guzman on DL

Guzman on hold

Minor-league prospect Angel Guzman was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the start of the season for Double-A West Tenn after straining his right forearm during a minor-league exhibition game at the end of March. The Cubs said it was nothing serious, and he was supposed to be ready to return this week.

But West Tenn manager Bobby Dickerson acknowledged the club is not sure when Guzman will be healthy enough to begin pitching again.

"I have no idea of what's going on," Dickerson told the Jackson (Tenn.) Sun. "Right now we're just going with the status quo."

Guzman, considered the Cubs' top pitching prospect, made only 11 starts in 2004 while rehabbing from shoulder surgery. This is his third straight season with arm problems.
    Link
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

We have good pitchers in the organization, but they are always hurt. Hendry, why didn't you protect Andy Sisco?
    Andy Sisco Updates:
    Apr 4, 1.2 IP, 0 H, 2 ERs, 2 BBs, 1 K.
    Apr 9, 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 Ks.
    Apr 14, 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 Ks.
    Apr 17, 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K.
    1.86 ERA, 9.2 IP, 3 Hs, 2 ERs, 3 BBs, 8 Ks.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

AA ERA
    Yea remeber when Sisco and Guzman were gonna be the greatest thing ever pitching in Wrigley? LOL.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Rookie ERA
    Well so much for Guzman being up in May. Either the Cubs have to hire somebody to teach these guys correct mechanics or we have by far, the worst luck in the MLB.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    sisco still doesnt impress me much.

I think we have the worst luck in baseball.
    Sisco has been doing good, and with all the injuries we are having, it seems like we should have kept Sisco, even if we didnt' have those pitching injuries.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!