Thread: Kearns to the Cubs?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Kearns to the Cubs?

A report out of Chicago radio has the Cubs looking at Kearns. It was reported that the Reds are asking for Mitre and Nolasco. We have looked at the stats on these pitchers and it looks like Mitre is based off potential with fairly bad numbers so far. Kind of sounds like Kearns. Can you guys give us some things on these two pitchers to let us know how good they could be?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    sergio= number 4 starter at best. He had two excellent games this year, but other than that, he is pretty much nada. He has a very good sinker, but thats about it. everything else is average.

Im not overly familiar with Nolasco, though.

And i think they have had interest in kearns for a long long time now.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Mitre's a groundball pitcher with a decent sinker. But I think 4th starter is a stretch... Mitre isn't worth a lot. 5th at best in my opinion. I was at his 2 hitter against the Reds and consecutive complete game shutout against the Marlins, so I've seen what he can do. But he shows no consistency whatsoever, whether it be in the rotation or in the bullpen. He doesn't have much room on our roster, and he's already 24. I doubt he starts the year in AAA for the Cubs next year, and I know he won't start the year on our MLB roster.

As for Nolasco, he was fantastic at AA, but the Cubs never bumped him up to AAA. Had a sub 3.00 ERA, around 15 wins, low WHIP, etc. For Austin Kearns, I wouldn't want to part with him... but that's just because I don't like Austin Kearns. At this point, I'm not opposed to trading the farm... but trade wisely. I know you have to give up to get something, but like I said, I don't like Kearns.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nick
    Mitre's a groundball pitcher with a decent sinker. But I think 4th starter is a stretch... Mitre isn't worth a lot. 5th at best in my opinion. I was at his 2 hitter against the Reds and consecutive complete game shutout against the Marlins, so I've seen what he can do. But he shows no consistency whatsoever, whether it be in the rotation or in the bullpen. He doesn't have much room on our roster, and he's already 24. I doubt he starts the year in AAA for the Cubs next year, and I know he won't start the year on our MLB roster.

I was at the those games as well, and they were pretty impressive, but other than that he never really showed much. He's out of options, as well. so i think he will need to be traded as i dont see him on the roster opening day.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1