Thread: Roster Shakeup About to Happen

AA ERA

Roster Shakeup About to Happen

Quote Originally Posted by cbs.sportsline.com
    The Cubs visit the New York Mets at Shea Stadium in a three-game set starting on Friday and there will be a roster shakeup.

Three players are scheduled to come off the disabled list when the series starts.

Shortstop Nomar Garciaparra will make his first start since injuring his groin in a game against St. Louis on April 20.

Pitcher Kerry Wood, who has been feeling shoulder discomfort all season, will be activated and pitch out of the bullpen for the first time in his career.

And reliever Scott Williamson, who had "Tommy John" elbow surgery last October, is ready to come off the DL and make his debut with the Cubs.

It's likely that reliever Sergio Mitre and shortstop Ronny Cedeno will be sent to Triple-A Iowa to make room on the roster.

But the Cubs must decide on the third spot. They could send relievers Michael Wuertz, Will Ohman or Roberto Novoa to Triple-A. They could also designate veteran left-hander Mike Remlinger for assignment.

Novoa hasn't impressed me much so I'm in favor of sending him down. He's blown a few games it seems.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Release Remmy.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

AA ERA
    He hasn't pitched much in the last month so that is quite possible. Novoa hasn't been as bad as I thought. Just seems everytime he fails I remember it .
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Remlinger DFA, Hairston goes to DL, and Meatball gets sent back to AAA.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1