Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Series Thread - Cubs @ Reds

Series Thread - Cubs @ Reds

So far the Cubs' offense has carried over from the weekend series against the Pirates. It is top of the 5th, Cubs chased Brandon CLaussen out of the game, and leading 7-1. Lee and Walker both ahve 2 home runs already, and Aramis Ramirez has a home run as a double. While on the mound, Jerome Williams gave up one run, and the Reds couldn't do anythign else for now.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    and williams gets into the act with a seeing eye single. first hit of the season.

cubs are looking pretty good today.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Cubs are definitely crushing today. Props to this lineup as they are making the Reds hard hitting lineup look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Cubs are definitely crushing today. Props to this lineup as they are making the Reds hard hitting lineup look bad.
    This line up has been on fire lately. They have consistently scoring runs, except for the game with Duke ptiching.
    Anyway, Thsi series looks good, we have Prior going tomorrow with Hudson, Wood against Harang on Wed., and Maddux vs. Milton. Not too bad of a pitching line up for us.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Williams has been a completely different pitcher since the trade. He hasn't been great, but good enough for a 5ths tarter, and now is doing a good job against the Reds line up.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    We would never have a pitching lineup that can match that. I wish!

July 19th

07/19/2005 1:02 AM ET
    Cubs look to go back-to-back in Cincy
    Chicago (47-45) at Cincinnati (38-54), 6:10 p.m. CT
    By Kyle Jepson / Special to MLB.com

The Cubs just continue to roll along after another stellar offensive night.

Cubs hitters clubbed five homers, scored nine total runs and picked up 18 hits in another drubbing, their seventh win in their last eight games.

Tuesday, the Cubs continue their road trip at Great American Ball Park when Mark Prior takes the mound against Luke Hudson.

Prior has been key in getting the starting pitching back on track. After two rough outings, the right-hander threw eight innings, allowing just one run, in his last start July 14 against the Pirates.

And if the early part of this season is any indication, Prior should have no problem continuing his strong pitching.

This season, Prior has faced the Reds twice, both times back in late April. In those two starts, he went seven and six innings, allowing one and two runs, respectively, picking up the win in both.

Hudson, on the other hand, has yet to face the Cubs this season.

Pitching matchup:
    CHC: RHP Mark Prior
    • 6-3, 3.07 ERA in 2005
    • 2-0, 1.38 ERA vs. CIN in 2005
    • 2-2, 1.99 ERA lifetime vs. CIN

CIN: RHP Luke Hudson
    • 1-4, 9.85 ERA in 2005
    • Has not faced CHC in 2005
    • 0-1, 3.60 ERA lifetime vs. CHC

Player to watch
    Derrek Lee, Aramis Ramirez and Michael Barrett are the only three Cubs with more than two at-bats against Hudson, each with four. And none is a bad choice as a player to watch. Lee is possibly your best bet, though, after clocking two homers Monday night against the Reds.

Quotable
    "It feels better than not being in a nice groove. And it feels a lot better than the way we left Atlanta." -- Todd Walker, on the offense following the Cubs' 9-4 win against the Reds

On the Internet
    MLB.TV
    Gameday Audio
    • Gameday
    • Official game notes

On television
    • CHC: WGN
    • CIN: FSN

On radio
    • CHC: WGN 720
    • CIN: WLW 700

Quick hits
    The Cubs hit back-to-back homers twice Monday night, marking the third and fourth time the team has done that this season. ... The Cubs have now homered in 20 of their last 23 games, homering at least twice in 10 of those games. ... Monday night marked Walker's sixth career multi-homer game. ... Lee has had six multi-homer games this season, 15 in his career. ... Rookie Matt Murton tied a career high with four hits.

On deck
    • Wednesday: at Cincinnati, 6:10 p.m. CT
    • Thursday: at Cincinnati, 11:35 a.m. CT
    • Friday: at St. Louis, 7:10 p.m. CT

Kyle Jepson is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Quote Originally Posted by aTrUeCUBsFaN
    Rookie Matt Murton tied a career high with four hits.
    When did he have 4 hits in a game before?
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bad things happen when you walk people, Prior. Shame shame.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Bad things happen when you walk people, Prior. Shame shame.
    Huh? The Cubs are winning 3-2, and that's not a bad thing.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    hey I posted 20 minutes ago though!
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He walked Junior, which had led to a 2-0 reds lead and I left my room and so forth and such and such and happy thanksgiving.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    well guys, D. Lee has just put himself on top of every triple crown category! Can he be MLB's first triple crown winner in years?

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    well guys, D. Lee has just put himself on top of every triple crown category! Can he be MLB's first triple crown winner in years?
    I hope he does. He's having a great season, and hopefully he will help the Cubs win a WS.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh Man! You calling for a WS? Really, I hope you guys get it done for once. The Cubs aren't my pick, but it would be nice to see them get it after the Red Sox finally got theirs as well. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast