Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wait til next year...

Rookie ERA

Re: Wait til next year...

I fail to see what you see..

• 1 year/$1.5M (2011)
      • signed by Chicago Cubs as a free agent 12/17/10
      • performance bonuses based on games and games finished

Either way, that dumb argument is over. Let's not get back into that.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Banned
    Rookie ERA

This team does have quality on there team, but they are in total disarray. The manager needs to step in a get it all under control. They are also in a solid division with at least 3 teams in the N.L. Central with better talent in Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Cincinnati. I can see them however improving and heading into 4th place in the division this season which really wouldn't be much compensation for Cubs fans.

Rookie ERA

Made you look, which means you do hold stock in fan websites more than actual news sources. Just some nobody from the Chicago Sun Times, Gordon Wittenmyer also "claims" Wood has full no-trade rights, but geez, what would a guy that writes for a piddly little paper in the same town know?

Rookie ERA

lol You can try to make me feel stupid, but you're not going to. I've used that site for years, and it has never done me wrong. I've already admitted that guys like Ken Rosenthal are more credible.

I like how you come in here and spew the same things said earlier. I get your guys' points. I do. But if you took the time to respond to this thread, you certainly had time to go back and read what it was all about. Haven't you already seen how hard headed I am?

I got another question for ya, if I didn't listen to either LTR or Leo (both of which I have respect for), what did you think your opinion would do? Not trying to be a dick(looking back, yeah, actually I am), but it seems like you really had no reason to even bother since what you said mirrors what has already been said.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    This team does have quality on there team, but they are in total disarray. The manager needs to step in a get it all under control. They are also in a solid division with at least 3 teams in the N.L. Central with better talent in Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Cincinnati. I can see them however improving and heading into 4th place in the division this season which really wouldn't be much compensation for Cubs fans.
    That's the hardest part. We DO have (some)good players. Injuries have hit us very hard, however. I really don't think the Cubs would be this far out had we avoided the injuries to Wells and Cashner.

Fourth place is not any where close to good enough. Our payroll is up above 130MM, good for third largest in MLB IIRC. We should be looking at first and second every year. Not being there for 3 or 4 straight years is unacceptable.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    I've been depressed since Game 2 in the 2008 National League Division Series against the Dodgers. That was supposed to be the year. And LA came in and made us look like a fucking joke.
    Considering the Cubs got swept by LA, what makes you believe they would have stood a chance against the Phillies? Cubs fans who still believe that 2008 was their year are like Cleveland Cavaliers fans who still whine about Jordan's shot over Ehlo ruining their dream season, even though the Bulls went on to get crushed by a superior Pistons team in the conference finals.

Rookie ERA

Well lets see. The Cubs were tied for the second best record in baseball (five games over Philly). The Cubs had better overall batting numbers and pitching numbers than the Phillies that year. Hm, that seems to be all I need. Since it never happened, we'll never know.

MLB ERA

Mofo's using the flawed logic that says because the Dodgers swept the Cubs and the Phillies beat the Dodgers that must mean the Cubs could not have beat the Phillies.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Mofo's using the flawed logic that says because the Dodgers swept the Cubs and the Phillies beat the Dodgers that must mean the Cubs could not have beat the Phillies.
    says the guy who concedes that the Chargers couldn't have beaten the Giants in SB XLII, anyway.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    says the guy who concedes that the Chargers couldn't have beaten the Giants in SB XLII, anyway.
    Not sure who you're confusing me with but I've never conceded that.

In fact I've said on multiple occasions that the Chargers could have won the SB that year had LT, Gates, and Rivers not all been injures.

MLB ERA

that's supposed to say injured. Stupid phone browser wont let me edit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You said there was no shame for you in conceding that the Giants were better than the Chargers that year, which would be baseless if not for the fact the Giants beat the team that the Chargers couldn't.

MLB ERA

That's not quite the same as saying they would have won. I only conceded that they proved to be the best team that year.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    That's the hardest part. We DO have (some)good players. Injuries have hit us very hard, however. I really don't think the Cubs would be this far out had we avoided the injuries to Wells and Cashner.

Fourth place is not any where close to good enough. Our payroll is up above 130MM, good for third largest in MLB IIRC. We should be looking at first and second every year. Not being there for 3 or 4 straight years is unacceptable.
    I didn't realize there payroll was that high. That is extremely disappointing. They also have some good future in Castro and Barney up the middle. What has been really disappointing in my eyes is the pitching staff. They have 3 guys that are between #1 and #2 pitchers in any rotation except maybe the Red Sox.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    That's not quite the same as saying they would have won. I only conceded that they proved to be the best team that year.
    Isn't it the same, if we're using your definition that the best team is the one that wins outright?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast