Thread: A Kerry Wood Return?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs A Kerry Wood Return?

According to David Kaplan of Chicago Now, the Cubs are moving toward a deal with right-handed reliever Kerry Wood.
    A reunion on the north side of Chicago. Wood spent the first 10 years of his professional career with the Cubs, experiencing success then chronic injury problems before departing. He's quite a different pitcher now, specializing in setup duties instead of starting or closing like he did for the Cubbies. Carlos Marmol now has someone to bridge the gap to the ninth inning.
    Why not? This guy did an amazing job for the Yankees last year and the Cubs definitely need a setup man. The pressure will be off of him now but he could fill in for Marmol when needed. I think this would be good for the Cub faithful to see Wood back in Wrigley. I say all of this thinking the Cubs aren't dumb enough to give him closer type money.

Rookie ERA
    I'm such a homer for Kid K and would welcome him back with open arms, as would just about every other Cubs fan. But as you mentioned, I'm a little worried about the money.

I've read he is seeking a 2 year 12 million deal. I'd hope he'd give us a hometown discount. (I've also read that he and his family live in Chicago.)
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: A Kerry Wood Return?

Reports are saying its a one year deal worth $1.5 million. If true, holy bartman!! That's a low price!!!

Rookie ERA
    Owwwwh! I'm ecstatic about this signing! Can't wait to see him back in blue pinstripes. Should make for a good moment on opening day.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Re: A Kerry Wood Return?

Was really hoping to see him come back to NY. Damn..