Thread: Soto's Shoulder Surgery

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Soto's Shoulder Surgery

My best tongue twister yet
    Geovany Soto will undergo surgery on his right shoulder Monday and will be sidelined three months.
    The shoulder has been bothering him for a couple months, and he also had problems with it last year, so it seems like a wise move to get it taken care of now. Soto should be fine for spring training barring any setbacks. He's had a nice bounce-back season with a .280/.393/.497 batting line to go along with 17 homers.
    Soto has been one of the bright spots for the Cubs after recovering from the infamous sophomore jinx. He has been by far the most productive catcher in the NL and arguably all of baseball. For Cubs fans sake, I hope he has a smooth surgery and recovery because they are going to need him.

Rookie ERA

Re: Soto's Shoulder Surgery

I think he'll be just fine.. That shoulder has been bugging him a while now. I like the timing because it gives Castillo a chance at taking the back up spot for next year.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Soto's Shoulder Surgery

Soto really has had a great bounce-back season, most impressive is his increased plate discipline. If he keeps this up, he should be a +.400 OBP player.