Thread: Cubs ask to host midsummer classic 2014

Cubs Cubs ask to host midsummer classic 2014

This is few days old:

Commissioner Bud Selig said today he won't consider the Cubs as hosts for the 2014 All-Star game until he decides on what to do with it in 2012 and 2013.

The Cubs are hoping to have the midsummer classic at Wrigley Field for the 100th anniversary celebration of the ballpark, but 2014 would be the American League's year to host the game if the current rotation is honored.

"It's fair, since the All-Star game counts, that we keep the leagues in order," Selig said at the baseball owners meetings at the Chicago O'Hare Hilton. "We have a lot of clubs that have built new stadiums. And we made a lot of promises to cities, that if they built a new stadium they'd get an All-Star game. We have to live up to those promises."
    Uphill climb for Cubs to host 2014 All-Star Game - Chicago Breaking Sports

I think it would be great to host the all star game during Wrigley's anniversary. At least it will give the city something after we lost the bid for the Olympics. Hopefully we can get it.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Cubs ask to host midsummer classic 2014

Hosting the game is not that big of a deal. I wouldn't feel obligated to give my team's All Stars a standing ovation. Instead I would tell them "Yeah, that's great you're named an All Star. Don't forget you have to keep playing like one starting on Thursday."

Re: Cubs ask to host midsummer classic 2014

It would be nice to have it as a way to celebrate the 100th year of the park. It will give the Cubs a big reason to renovate the stadium a bit more (if that's possible).
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!